PDA

View Full Version : Request Custom cable -> ACA500 internal

Rishca
13th October 2014, 10:11
Someone from a local amiga forum managed to make a custom cable to put the aca500 inside a a500.
very nice preventing the bare board from sticking out of the amiga.

see thread with pics : http://www.amigascene.nl/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5348&forum=20

He did a great job, although the cable on amiga side is soldered directly to the motherboard.

now, im looking for someone who is able to make me a custom cable with the right connectors on both ends so that no soldering is required.

maybe a nice mass production project as i think that more people would be interested in such a cable.

b00mer
13th October 2014, 13:20
Funny, for me ACA500's strongest feature is being external, so that I can easily plug CF cards and A1200 boards. Anyway, the cable is pretty easy to make if you find edge connectors. Not sure how rare are these.

Rishca
13th October 2014, 14:02
Hehe, for me the strongest feature is being able to use whdload on a relatively cheap amiga with socketed chips thus easy to repair/replace. Hope the usb module comes through in the near future aswell (internet on a500) :-)

Funny, for me ACA500's strongest feature is being external, so that I can easily plug CF cards and A1200 boards. Anyway, the cable is pretty easy to make if you find edge connectors. Not sure how rare are these.

Rishca
12th November 2014, 11:02
Custom cable is being made for me.

This thread can be closed :-)

wolfiem
27th January 2015, 02:42
Can you share photos of the cable please? I'm planing to put my ACA500 to inside A500.

watsonfmly
27th January 2015, 03:03
I would like one :)

Rishca
27th January 2015, 11:46
I have not recieved my cable yet, the person who is building one for me has some more urgent matters to attend to, so I have to wait a bit longer.

Once I've received it I will post some pics here.

zinamo
27th January 2015, 12:50
That would be awesome! let us know about it!

stephenfalken
7th March 2015, 20:03
Hey did anyone else manage to get their ACA500 mounted internally?

From the link in the first post, and while I'm only using Google Translate... it looks as though when mounted internally like that, the edge connector socket can still be used for other expansions? Can anyone else confirm?

I would also be interested to know if the internal solution will also fit an added ACA1232 card.

Regards

voyager_1701e
8th March 2015, 00:30
From the photos, the owner of the cable seems to be using an external RAM module as well! Nice bit of hackery there!

ACA1232 as well would be interesting...but I wonder if the extension cables would cause any issues