Charlie

.. . Mouse . ..
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Wirral
32Bit Acorns are great machines - sadly most of them lack a joypad interface. Oops!

I made two sets of these game pads for 32Bit Acorns, here's the second set:

arcsnes.jpg

Yep. SNES Game pads that plug into the parallel port of any Arc*
:D :D :D
Ok, it's the same photo...

-Tested and working 100%
-£8.00 + P&P, first to ask gets
-If there's enough interest I'll make more
-Single pad versions not a problem
-Driver Software

-I'm intending to produce other Arc' goodies as the mood takes me

Please note:
I have an amazingly busy job so please be patient - postage could be slow

Important Points:
-I've found a source (in China) of new SNES pads. The above work fine but frankly the quality isn't amazing. If anyone can point me in the direction of some really good (new) SNES pads I'll use those in future.
-Though mildly modded by me, I didn't write the original driver software so that's not part of the sale. See download above.
If you'd rather make your own Arc-SNES pads see my guide on The Qube RiscOS Server.

*Tested on A3000, A5000, and RiscPC:
-Guaranteed to work on any 'Classic Arc'
-Seems to work with any any OS version up to 6.20 :D
-Sadly not StrongARM compatible and so far I've not been able to fix this. I'm no programming whiz...

I'm up for a bit of that, though the fact you say quality isn't great worries me a bit. What exacly are the diffrences with these pads and the genuine article?

Could you mod one if one was to supply one? :)

(^ Try saying that quickly 10 times. :LOL:)

I'm up for a bit of that, though the fact you say quality isn't great worries me a bit. What exacly are the diffrences with these pads and the genuine article?

Could you mod one if one was to supply one? :)

(^ Try saying that quickly 10 times. :LOL:)

:LOL:

The quality's what you might call a typical Chinese knock-off. They are 'good enough' but aren't going to be mistaken for Nintendo originals. fatbob_gb bought the other set and may be happy to tell you how he found them.

I've made-up these pads for peeps who may have seen the projects page and thought 'me want, but me can't solder worth a d*mn.' It's also my intention (when I get round to it) to do the same with some of the other stuff.
So...

If you have some 'good pads' and would like me to 'Archify' them, I'd be happy to butcher them for you...
...cost would be postage (round about £2.30 in the UK) + materials which minus my own pads would be about 80p + swearing time (free)...
...Oh, and don't be upset that they'll never plug into a SNES again! :D

Last edited:
As Charlie says they are cheap chinese rip offs - the plastic is cheap and has no finish on it (rough-ish).

The pad action is a bit "spongy" - it wouldn't be any good for playing Street Fighter are that sort of game but so far I havent had any real problems with them.

Thanks again Charlie (y)

Last edited:
Interested in one of these gamepads pm on the way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom