Sold Macbook Pro 15 inch - 250GB, 2Gb RAM, Snow Leopard - Working but with issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougal

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Country
Malta
I'm selling a Macbook Pro 15 inch 2006 model

It's a 2.0Ghz Core Duo running OSX Snow Leopard. 256MB GDDR3 VRAM - Has a 250gb hard drive, super drive, wifi, bluetooth, isight etc... It has the maximum 2GB ram. It also has a Windows partition with Boot Camp and has Windows 7 installed.

The good:

It works fine, i'm using it right now to post this. Screen is perfect, wifi is working great and i'm browsing using youtube etc at decent speed. Tested the built-in webcam which works great too. The battery is pretty new (around 32 cycles right now). The laptop itself is in nice shape. It is the 256MB GDDR3 VRAM model.

The bad:

The 1 key is a little loose and stickyish but works ok. The Shift key is loose too but works fine. The right speaker is probably blown (It works but distorted).

The laptop can sometimes suddenly shut down. I've been using it for hours and it shut down after like nearly 3 hours use. I restarted it and it worked fine. If left asleep (lid shut) it can spend days without restarting/sudden shut down. Using it normally, i.e not loads of tabs and youtube HD etc.. and it seems stable too. I read somewhere that the problem is a sensor cable close to the heatsink. When the heatsink gets hot something expands and shorts this cable and causes it to restart. Apparently if you insulate and re-route the cable (i think its 3 core only) it solves the problem. If this doesn't sell I may even attempt the repair myself and if successful i'll keep it for myself as a second computer as it really is an awesome machine for its age and still can watch youtube videos in 720P with no slowdown at all and even 1080P HD works quite well too.

Price:

Was 140 Euro + P&P + Paypal fees. ... Now only 90 Euros + P&P + Paypal fees (unless gift)

Sold to
Skilgannon - Payment received
Will swap with an Apple MAC MINI G4 (1.33/1.42/1.5 GHZ) with PSU (NO 1.25Ghz)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that included in the price is the original Apple Magsafe charger.
a7359727b47754655e17d8a6c7452b10.jpg
63951edd5734db267a8ccd836ff8107b.jpg
f2a1cc163bf95a5907788073dd0fd46c.jpg
f9f7303cc734b2948d8e9805c8bb1b57.jpg
d36885b66d94c7cf9985bc278bfbf8e0.jpg

Last edited:
I am interested, also I have a friend (half Maltese) who is on the island for a week till Sunday so you could possibly drop if off to him, if he would be willing to bring it back with him, though i'd have to check. If he couldn't how much would postage be to the UK? Also would you be willing to drop it off to him if he said yes (this not being a dodgy deal aside) - he is staying in Birzebbigu.

Last edited:
Hey, yeah I've got no problem dropping it off locally. It's actually even better as there is no risk of it getting damaged in the post. Check and let me know what you'd like to do.

I just checked with him and he came back today, gutted. Do you have any idea how much postage might be for it to the UK?

Shame :(

Give or take around 35 euros not tracked but with insurance up to 100 euros or 30 euros uninsured.

- - - Updated - - -

Added some pics :)

Last edited:
Yes you are right. No PM left because I noticed, a little bit late I rather say, that it's a 2006 model which has no interest for me. Sorry I didn't let you know earlier but I was out of town this weekend, so I was logging in for just a while. Good luck with the sale!

Yes you are right. No PM left because I noticed, a little bit late I rather say, that it's a 2006 model which has no interest for me. Sorry I didn't let you know earlier but I was out of town this weekend, so I was logging in for just a while. Good luck with the sale!

No problem mate.

Still available. I will start advertising it elsewhere soon.

Updated spec: I checked the VRAM. It is the 256MB GDDR3 model. Some have 128MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom