Can the logo from Kickstart 1.3 screen be changed in a custom rom image?

pascal_sweden

Country
Sweden
Region
Stockholm
Has anybody ever attempted to do this?

Can it be done?

It would be nice if there is an editor or a paint tool where you could design your own logo, and then burn it to a custom rom chip.

This could be a nice gadget, offered as a service on Ebay.

Strange as this sounds but I was thinking the exact same thing on the day you posted this lol!

I had just changed an a1200 from 3.0 to 3.1 roms and wondered how cool it would be to have a your own customized startup animation or screen.
This was possible with certain pc bioses back in the day! I did modify my own pc stuff back in the day, but only certain types would work?

If this can be sussed out! It would be brilliant :D

Last edited:
Not an easy task to do.
The module responsible for the initial kickstart logo is "romboot" (at least that's the one on Kickstart 3.1). There were some romboot versions by Ratte for Kickstart 3.1 but none for 1.3.

if you know "twinkick" for the a1000, you will notice a modded bootscreen :p

Last edited:
What is the format of the picture inside the kickstart? Is it compressed (should be I guess)? If not, you could just replace the image part with another of the exact same size (and fix the checksum). When it is compressed, this becomes a little more difficult.

Last edited:
It might be doable, I took a look at the 1.3 rom but didn't find much that was immediately usable. I was able to modify the close button, shown below:
The app is Crystaltile - Chinese console rom bootlegging tool.

closehack.jpg

Back
Top Bottom