Not open for further replies.

DerekP

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
Australia
Region
Canberra
Hi all, my Amiga joysticks are not pretty. Probably only two are any good to play with and now my A500 is back from storage, i fear i will soon run out of decent joysticks.

I'm shopping for good Classic era joysticks but also solutions for USB devices. I've seen a DB9 to USB adaptor which looks pretty cool, but i can't find hand-held joysticks like the classic ones. The desktop/bench type arcade joysticks are readily available, but for most games i prefer the hand-held type. The only one i've seen is the poorly regarded Competition Pro (response lag in emulators, so i read everywhere) on AmiKit: http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=52&products_id=1153

Does anyone have some nice original joysticks for sale, or a solution using more modern stuff?

Cheers.

I prefer the original joysticks and have far too many of them ATM. The best solution for using them I have found is a USB adapter made for mega drive / genesis pads. It supports 2 ports and multi button. All traditional 9 pin joysticks I have tried have worked fine (Competition Pro, Zipstick, Bug, etc). It is worth noting however that not all joystick auto fire circuits are compatible without a cable adapter / mod (5v pin 5-7).

Thanks for the info, could you link to the specific adaptors you're talking about?

Hi. I have 2 WICO joysticks for sale if you need. PM me if interested.

Jakob

Last edited:
Oryginal old joysticks

Oryginal old joysticks

If you looking for Amiga joysticks, I have a bunch. Please PM me, if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom