Not open for further replies.

panfried

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Gloucestershire
I have for sale a working Acorn Atom with a power supply. The unit itself is in really nice condition, a few small marks but overall very very good.

The M key has snapped off but it is included with the machine so should be repairable, also, the space bar seems to have lost its bounce slightly but does work still.

I have connected it up to my CRT and confirmed it works and have tested all of the keys. I do not have any Atom software to try loading anything so this is as far as my testing has gone.

Comes with 'Atomic Theory and Practice' manual.

YQ08O3U.jpg

tuQnTXl.jpg

NoGCrSJ.jpg

Rn06jCi.jpg

hhZQyAx.jpg

i am not 100% sure on pricing for this but I am looking for £120 (somebody tell me if I am way off) plus postage. I am happy to post abroad. Any questions please ask!

Last edited:
Interested second in line

Is it just a bit of yellowing in the corner?

Last edited:
Withdrawing interest. We couldn't agree a price including postage I was happy with. Good luck.

Arrived today (y) but despite all the bubble wrap it lost a few more keys :(

I'll plug it in and give it go tonight

P1040826.jpg

Last edited:
Just an update. Sadly not going too well. I am getting this on powering on. I think the couriers must have been flinging the poor old girl around :(

P1040832.jpgP1040831.jpg

I've emailed the God of all that is Acorn, TC, and see what he suggests. (y)

Give all the chips, starting with the 6847, a good push into their sockets.

Those keys shouldnt have snapped that easily, was the psu by any chance packed on top of the keyboard?

:)

It was unfortunately, but both were individually wrapped in bubble wrap so I don't know :(

I'll give the chips a go tomorrow when I get back from the hospital assuming they let me out, otherwise it might be after I am discharged if it turns out I am also defective and there's a problem with my heart :blink:

You will be fine buddy, still only a youngster...just leave the nurses alone.

Keep us updated bud

:)

Back, OK, I've pushed down on the chip and slight improvement of sorts. I'll PM TC and Panfried to try and resolve (y)

IMG_20141206_154305262.jpg

Sorry, only just picking up on this now.

Nightmare situation, apologies for this. I will make it right though.

PM sent

Feedback left (y)

Thanks for getting back to me and resolving the issue. I thought I'd leave feedback now as it will probably be resolved with the courier while I am away over Christmas and not sure how much time I'll get on holiday with my old school mates.. :thumbsup2: I'll keep an eye on the email though :)

All sorted now, couriers have stumped up for a full repair :) Thanks to sir_beaker for organising the repair quote and sticking with it whilst I went back and forth with the couriers

Thanks P for getting it all sorted (y) just in a French coffee shop in Kaohsiung. I'll get it off to tc for repair in the new year. Have a great Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom