PDA

View Full Version : Philips CM 8802 monitor stopped working

dougal
30th November 2014, 17:19
I've got this old Philips CM8802 monitor. It used to work great and I love that it has a scart connection, but one day it just stopped working.

It switches on as in the power light turns on and the speakers are working but the actual screen is black with no life.

Any ideas?

Merlin
30th November 2014, 18:02
Can you hear the HT side of things cracking up? Are there any signs of whistles or squeaks?

It's likely that the flyback transformer has died and needs replacing. Donberg in Ireland still stock some of them, so check which make and model your flyback transformer is before ordering one, as Commodore used what ever they could lay their hands on at times.

dR_wH0
3rd February 2015, 19:37
I have the same monitor. Some months ago it stopped working. Pushing the power button, only produces a high-pitched noise and the power led (which should be green) stays off. Further investigation proved that the flyback converter is *fried* but the model is a rather rare one. The model is Philips AT2079 with no other numbers following. Donberg has many flyback converters from Philips, matching partly AT2079, but they have following numbers which make me think that they wont match. (ex they have AT2079/41).

Is there any other shop / place we can look ?

P.S : Sorry for digging up the thread - thought it would be best than to open a second one with the same subject :)

dR_wH0
5th February 2015, 08:42
Just a heads up. The alternative equivalent of that fly-back is the HR 7506. Apparently some 1084's also use it along with some Atari ones.

Merlin
5th February 2015, 09:17
Just a heads up. The alternative equivalent of that fly-back is the HR 7506. Apparently some 1084's also use it along with some Atari ones.
^^ That. There are a couple of models of flyback that will fit and work fine. If you are in doubt. e-mail Donberg and they will set you straight as to what you need.

roy_bates
5th February 2015, 10:12
^^ That. There are a couple of models of flyback that will fit and work fine. If you are in doubt. e-mail Donberg and they will set you straight as to what you need.

there will only be one flyback(lopt) that fits and works bud.

dR_wH0
5th February 2015, 13:11
I think what Merlin suggests is an alternative from another company ex Konig. From the Spanish HR series though, only HR 7506 works. Waiting on Donberg to notify me on their stock.