Ya' Like it Retr0?
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Hello my friends,

I had a good friend over the last weekend and we had a lot of fun with his A2000.

We tested, we built and we played with his A2000 and it got me thinking about mine, quite a lot actually.

What I want for mine is an A2620, y'know that old 2/4MB card made by Commodore, to achieve this I am selling the following

GVP (Great Valley Products) Ge-Force 040 @33MHz

Stock Photo: Thanks to Amiga.Resource.cx

It comes with 16MB of FAST RAM in 4x4MB 64 Pin GVP SIMMS and is already configured for Burst Mode and a Rev 5.3 or higher A2000 Motherboard.

This card also includes a GVP GURU ROM 6.14 (with its adaptor), which I believe is the latest revision, I can also bundle in a SCSI Hard Disk if that interests you.

I should point out the heatsink / fan assembly has been replaced with a quieter (almost) model.

Now all that can be yours (well your A2000's) for a wallet busting £300 + postage OR if you are interested in a part exchange I am on the hunt for the following adaptors (and accelerators)

I would be happy to consider a part exchange for one of the following accelerators -

• Commodore A2620 (4MB + Rev9)
  • Commodore A2630 (4MB )
  • (If you have another 020 or 030 accelerator I would be also interested)

And also interested in the following mass storage adaptors

• Masoboshi MasterCard MC-702
  • GVP HC8+
  • CBM A2091
  • Buddha
  • Catweasle Z-II
  • Catweasle Z-II Mk2
  • Catweasle Z-II S Class

So if you want to give your A2000 some love this Christmas (see what I did there ;)) what says you appreciate it more than a 23.4 MIPS Processing Monster with 16MB of FAST RAM in BURST mode combined with the latest (and greatest) OmniSCSI (GURU) ROM + Adaptor.

I will get some images of the card up later today =)

*Legal Notice
I am not responsible for whatever your significant other / purse string provider may do to you when you query them about getting this item. You do have my honest and deepest sympathy and understanding however ... I can throw in a hug too =) ;)

Last edited:
I hope i'm not breaking any rules, but since you mentioned that you'd like a plain old A2620 would you be interested in a swap + money with an A2630 ?

It works perfectly (its in my A2000) and iirc its got 4MB onboard

Edit: Sorry, but i'll have to widthraw my offer as the difference in price will almost certainly be way above budget for my A2000 and to be honest i'm actually looking for an A4000D.

Good luck with the sale though, its a lovely card... I had one on my A2000 a couple of years ago and it really makes all the difference :)

Last edited:
@dougal

No worries my friend, sorry I missed your post. You do raise a good point and its one I need to update this thread for.

I would be happy to consider a part exchange for one of the following accelerators -

Commodore A2620 (4MB + Rev9)
Commodore A2630 (4MB )

And also interested in the following mass storage adaptors

Masoboshi MasterCard MC-702
GVP HC8+
CBM A2091

Thanks Zetr0 but I'm committed to buying an A4000D now and can't afford anything else.

Thanks anyway.

I have a 4MB A2630 Rev 9., and a GVP 2000 HC+8 with 4MB or a A2091 with 2MB.

I could throw in some faulty cards if you like fixing things yourself. I have a faulty A2630 4MB Rev 6 and a A2091 that shows up as defective.

@sunos4

The A2630 and GVP HC8 sound exactly what I would like to have my friend =)

Normally I would love to give faulty cards a good try to bring back but sadly I have too many of them and not enough time =(

I shall hit you up in PM see what we deal can do =)

Hi Zetr0 :)

I have an A2630 and an A2091 that i could spare, but i don't need A2000 accelerators. I am more after a spare 040/060 A4000 card. Do you have something like that?

Hi Zetro, just out of curiosity :) Why are you considering selling / swapping this card at all? Seems like a nice little extension every A2000 wants...

Hi Zetr0 :)

I have an A2630 and an A2091 that i could spare, but i don't need A2000 accelerators. I am more after a spare 040/060 A4000 card. Do you have something like that?

Thank you for your interest my friend, sadly I do not have anything for the A4000 at the moment, and in truth I have been toying with the idea of lettering her go, but I promised I would give myself to the new year before I decide that ;).

Hi Zetro, just out of curiosity :) Why are you considering selling / swapping this card at all? Seems like a nice little extension every A2000 wants...

Well my friend, after last weekend, I decided that an 040@33 is not what I want, my dream would be a DKB wildfire or B2060, but even then its just to have it and not really use it and thats not really fair.

Also my A2000 contains some interesting stuff, like a Pentium 3@1GHz PCMIG form factor SBC. One day I shall finish this project and ninja it to an event.... emulate a PS1 and show those PPC boys how WipEout 2097 really looks with USB to PSx controller adaptors!..... oh alongside Quake 3 Arean ;)

My A2000 project contains quite a bit and is linked to the Amiga side via Siamese Systems software (TCP/IP Internal) - it has a Picasso 2+ (from my dear friend Keropi) as well as an XSurf2.

When my good friend r0jaws brought his A2000 over (before I had one) it was equipped with the CBM A2620 with 2MB of RAM, I was really taken with how pretty the card is (from a construction standpoint) it had the MC68881 FPU in its royal purple ceramic and gold plated CPU cap alongside the MC68856 MMU again in royal purple and gold PGA - and its was this that really stole my heart.

Image with thanks from amiga.resource.cx

The CBM A2630 is also a pretty card

Image with thanks from amiga.resource.cx

See... very pretty ;)

In truth, I have plenty of 040 and 060 based Amiga's and to be honest, the experience I want from my A2000 is some just a simple delightful ECS gaming, as well as a development platform to program for - with this in mind, I feel that the G-Force 040@33 with its guru ROM and 16MB of fast ram is really wasted and she would be better served with a fellow A2000 fan.

Last edited:
Also my A2000 contains some interesting stuff, like a Pentium 3@1GHz PCMIG form factor SBC. One day I shall finish this project and ninja it to an event.... emulate a PS1 and show those PPC boys how WipEout 2097 really looks with USB to PSx controller adaptors!..... oh alongside Quake 3 Arean ;)

My A2000 project contains quite a bit and is linked to the Amiga side via Siamese Systems software (TCP/IP Internal) - it has a Picasso 2+ (from my dear friend Keropi) as well as an XSurf2.

Is that so??
If you have suceeded on building the A2000 Siamese System, please come enlighten me in my old thread. I need to know how you did manage the PSU limitations and how you did set up the Siamese (with the video switch card?). My own project failed poorly in 2013.

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?46710-Siamese-system-A2000-project

Hello my friend.

I have in stock:

- CBM A2630 4M Rev9 (originally was 2M but I soldered the aditional 2M)
- GVP HC8+ Series II 8M

Both boards are in full working order.

Are you interested? (I can publish some pics if you wish)

My best wishes as always.

:)

Note:
I wish to clarify that due to my current circumstances, it is very likely that you can't receive it before January 20, 2015 (if you agree, of course).

Last edited:
@MerlinKV

Ahh my friend, sadly I have just completed a deal with sunos4. In a perfect world my friend, I would of given you this adapter =)

Interestingly I do have a non-working G-Force 040, I suspect that it requires trace repair and socket replacement, just hit me up in PM if you are interested my friend and we can sort a little something out for you for Christmas ;)

- - - Updated - - -

@Thread Update

Sunos4 and I have arranged a part exchange on this item. The GVP G-Force 040 will be winging its way to him Friday - he should get it Saturday =)

@MerlinKV

Ahh my friend, sadly I have just completed a deal with sunos4. In a perfect world my friend, I would of given you this adapter =)

Interestingly I do have a non-working G-Force 040, I suspect that it requires trace repair and socket replacement, just hit me up in PM if you are interested my friend and we can sort a little something out for you for Christmas ;)

Great news (y)

Thanks my friend but I have a working G-Force 040 with 64MB :D I wrote my offer only to try to help you a bit in your project (and..... to have a spare one :D).

I'm very glad to see your project is in the good way. (y)

My best wishes as always.

Received and installed card and everything is perfect. :D

Feedback left!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom