PDA

View Full Version : iGame closes if I have IFF images in game folders

mamejay
6th December 2014, 04:47
Hey guys,
Just need a hand with this one and could not find any info on this problem.
I have setup a CF card for a friend using the latest ClassicWB full which was downloaded this week. I found a WHDLoad game pack which I have copied over and its running perfectly.
When using iGame I can select the game and run it.
I found a IFF image pack for iGame and copied over a few. When I went to test this as soon as I get to a game that has the iff image in the directory it immediately closes out of iGame.
I have tried running SnoopDOS to see what is happening with the system. All I get is about 10 entries in the log saying it has found the igame.iff file and then nothing.
Is there something I need to check? The images are fine as I can view them in the amiga.

Snoozy
6th December 2014, 07:27
From memeory iGame is something of a pain in the neck to install. Did you complete the full installation of mui with the associated drivers?

incidentally, where did you find the folder of iff images, i may have a go at adding to my igame installation and can then report back any probs

demolition
6th December 2014, 10:01
This happens to me if the iff files do not fit the current screen format, i.e. if you are running interlaced, the pictures should be made for interlaced as well and vice versa.

davideo
6th December 2014, 10:49
incidentally, where did you find the folder of iff images, i may have a go at adding to my igame installation and can then report back any probs

Have a lookie at this thread (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=71403&highlight=igame) on EAB

Snoozy
9th January 2015, 20:23
Hi does anyone know where i put the interlaced drawer with all the sub drawers of A,B,C etc of iff images. Troelsdk instructions say put in a games folder...totally no help to me!

Any suggestions?

davideo
10th January 2015, 12:17
I have a folder of games with sub-folders of A, B, C, D, etc.

Within the sub-folders are the game directories.

So in my case I just dumped the pack into my games folder and it updated all my sub-folders.

Wachi
10th January 2015, 12:54
You have to edit iGame.info, so the image is proportionate to the size of the window.:)

Snoozy
10th January 2015, 13:17
I have a folder of games with sub-folders of A, B, C, D, etc.

Within the sub-folders are the game directories.

So in my case I just dumped the pack into my games folder and it updated all my sub-folders.

I'm not clear on this: The file that has been provided by troelsdk is a folder (I am using the interlaced folder), within this folder are all the iffs in sep drawers of A, B, C etc

My hard drive has a "games" file with whdloads as A, B, C. I placed the interlaced folder in the games file folder and opened i game and no images appear in the igame window, on the other hand there are 6000 whdload games and 500 images so maybe less than 10% of games have an iff image?

Why is nothing ever straight forward with amiga ??

Also how do i edit igame.info to make the image proportionate to the window? I am truly beginning to dislike igame!

Wachi
10th January 2015, 14:12
Just click on the icon with the right mouse button iGame and selecionar information
You can also give a certain size depending on the screen mode you use in your Workbenc

Images must be named as igame.iff, and have to be with the slave game file

- - - Updated - - -

Although you can also use X-Bench, is still under development and its creator Jim Neray, has us excited about their next release 1.0.:)

http://youtu.be/hqsgWgdmVFc

davideo
11th January 2015, 23:00
@Snoozy

From the guide
Make sure that render.library and guigfx.library are ok for your system/processor.
If iGame fails with guru 8000000B or similar at startup, double check the libraries.
If it still persists, check http://igame.amigahellas.gr. On the files section you
will find an archive of these 2 libraries for systems with 020/no fpu (thanks to
Jools 'buzz' Smyth for providing them!). These might fix things even for 030/882 systems.
Try those. If the problem is still there, add the NOGUIGFX tooltype to iGame.
This will use MUI's internal dt loading routines (dtpic.mui) instead of guigfx.mcc's.
In this case though, there will be no scaling of the screenshots you load, so each
one you add must be of the same size as the others.

nd another section from later in the guide

There is one tooltype in igame.info, and that's to define the size of the screenshot
part of the application. Use whatever size it fits your display. Any image will
be scaled to fit that part. Use SCREENSHOT=WIDTHxHEIGHT to define it. Default is half
the PAL low res screenmode (160x128).

My iGame screenshots are all scaled to 320 * 256

So my structure is

Games:A/ (all game directories that start with A)
Games:B/ (all game directories that start with B)

and so on

I've attached some piccys from the archive mentioned earlier and from my own iGame setup on my 4000D.

Snoozy
11th January 2015, 23:42
Thanks Davideo for your help, I will have another look at this in in next few days and see how I get on. If not I will talk the learned Zetr0 in to helping me when next i see him.

How is Zetr0, I haven't seen him on Amibay for a while?

(Also Mamejay I apologise for hi-jacking the original thread!)