PDA

View Full Version : Sold Amiga 1200 with Blizzard 1220/4, internal Slot Loading DVD drive & Gotek Floppy Emulator

fitzsteve
10th December 2014, 10:03
Hi Guys,

I want to raise some funds for a PC upgrade and have decided to let this system go, it was a fun little side project but I will not use it much and better it goes to a new home and gets some love.

The A1200 is housed in an Amiga Technologies case which is nice and white however it has a number of cuts and modifications. There is a slot cut at the rear (very neatly done) for an internal slot loading DVD drive and the floppy area was cut to allow for my old SCSI card reader, now it houses the Gotek Floppy Emulator.

I'm selling this as main unit only, the following hardware included:

Main board is Rev (tbc) and has had caps replaced, there's one small repair for a lifted track and the RF modulator has been removed. It works perfectly.
There is a Blizzard 1220/4 installed, providing a nice boost and 4mb Ram ideal for WHDLoad. The is a socket for (optional) FPU. At 4mb this is PCMCIA friendly.
The slot loading DVD drive is complete with JAE adapter and 4 Way buffered IDE and a custom cable to run the DVD drive off the second channel, works perfectly with IDEFix97.
There is a 1gb CF card and CF-IDE adapter
There is a Gotek Floppy Emulator installed, again works perfectly. Does not come with a USB stick.

For all this I'm asking just 175+ P&P which is approx what it owes me. Just in case you have something suitable to swap I'm currently looking for a decent SLI capable Motherboard and high end CPU (I'm looking at the AMD FX-8350 8 core CPU) If you have something feel free to propose a trade if you're interested.

Note that this system does not come with any accessories other than stated above. The CF card will be sold 'as blank' to comply with site rules as no media is included. The Keyboard is a bit yellowed, it would benefit from a new keyboard to complete the project or even just a retrobrighting session. The case has never been retrobrighted.

Also note that I have been powering the DVD drive from a Molex connector fed inside the case from my ATX PSU, you will need a splitter or to come up with another solution (i.e solder a small molex to the mobo) The DVD Drive is only Hot Glued in place, maybe a better idea to secure it to the keyboard. Please consider that this is a project machine and will need some attention in this regard. I'm using software to eject the CD, there is a button on the case, maybe you can solder this to the drive for manual eject.

Thanks for looking - I'll add more pics when time allows or if anyone is particularity interested.

scrappysphinx
10th December 2014, 10:11
Why do you list these things so close to Christmas?

Good luck with the sale buddy, if i had the cash i'd buy it. I'm about ready for an a1200 again

fitzsteve
10th December 2014, 10:16
Why do you list these things so close to Christmas?

Good luck with the sale buddy, if i had the cash i'd buy it. I'm about ready for an a1200 again

Hi Mate,

I don't need the upgrades until Christmas as I wont have my new SSD until then so I can put it away for you until then?

Let me know :)

Steve.

ps. you should get the A600 Ram today/tomorrow it was sent yesterday first class.

pps. you probabaly guessed but this is the mobo you re-capped!

scrappysphinx
10th December 2014, 10:26
Its a nice offer buddy but in all honesty it probably wouldn't be till mid January before i had the cash and that's a long time to ask someone to wait for payment.

Thanks for the a600 ram, postman has been already and nothing in the mail today, however saying that he usually comes back later in the day with any parcels.

Also i did wonder if it was the board i did :)

fitzsteve
10th December 2014, 10:30
No worries mate. If it doesn't go before xmas I'll probably pull it and re-list in the new year so will keep you updated.

sir_beaker
10th December 2014, 10:32
And a week before I go on holiday otherwise I'd be declaring interest :mad::lol:

fitzsteve
10th December 2014, 10:34
He he sorry mate, I thought this might be a bad time of year :D

fitzsteve
15th December 2014, 13:53
Guess it's getting a bit close to xmas for this, I'll probably list again in the new year.

Until then thread closed (no need to archive as I'll probabaly just re-open this one)

fitzsteve
5th January 2015, 09:26
Back up for sale, price stays the same 175 + P&P!

Need a quick sale so no lay away's available on this item, sorry.

davideo
5th January 2015, 10:33
@Fitzy

I've moved this to the correct sub forum :D

fitzsteve
5th January 2015, 14:17
Thanks Dave. ☺

fitzsteve
6th January 2015, 10:45
Price drop to 170 + P&P

jvdbossc
7th January 2015, 09:10
Declaring interest. I send an PM to steve about pay-ment conditions.

fitzsteve
7th January 2015, 09:10
Declaring interest. I send an PM to steve about pay-ment conditions.

Hi Mate! Waiting your PM :)

fitzsteve
7th January 2015, 12:43
Sold pending final payment from jvdbossc

fitzsteve
10th January 2015, 18:45
Forgot to mention, final payment was made and shipment is being prepared for sending Monday :)

fitzsteve
12th January 2015, 14:30
Shipped! :D

jvdbossc
14th January 2015, 15:57
Received. Wow this case is white..:)

fitzsteve
14th January 2015, 17:15
Glad it arrived quickly. I hope you enjoy it. The amiga technology cases are true white, the commodore were off white.

jvdbossc
14th January 2015, 19:23
Yes, everything tested. It works a full 100%..

fitzsteve
14th January 2015, 22:44
Yes, everything tested. It works a full 100%..

Of course it does, you bought it from me :D

Feedback both sides so this one is ready for closing