PDA

View Full Version : Closed AROS Laptop Acer Aspire One ZG5 with extras

ami_junki
19th December 2014, 01:22
I recently bought an Acer Aspire One ZG5 for usinng AROS, the netbook comes with a Celeron at 1.6ghz, 1.5 gb ram and a 160gb hard drive. The machine itself is in very nice condition, the screen has no dead pixels or scratches and is very bright, running AROS is a great experience, it runs fast and works well with video, audio and wifi, surfing is good. It comes with a 9 cell battery which should give around 8 hours of battery life and a free USB DVD writer/reader. For everything I am looking for 49.00 plus shipping.

ColourWheel64
19th December 2014, 02:26
Does it run HD video?

ami_junki
19th December 2014, 02:43
That I am not sure of, I will try some 720p and 1080p videos, are you concerned with MP4 or MKV?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi justd tested a HD MP4 video file and it ran flawlessly, very smooth and no problems, better than my DVD player! Seems the video drivers really take advantage of the hardware.

Does it run HD video?

clusteruk
19th December 2014, 14:25
Hi

I have one of these and they are great for running Aros on, especially with the full driver support, most of which I paid for :-)

Any way, 720p is possible depending on the file format, 1080p no chance. Has great 3d ability and is brilliant plugged into a 1080p monitor.

Also, it can run Classic workbench at a reasonable speed as well.

Steve

ami_junki
19th December 2014, 23:53
Hi

I have one of these and they are great for running Aros on, especially with the full driver support, most of which I paid for :-)

Any way, 720p is possible depending on the file format, 1080p no chance. Has great 3d ability and is brilliant plugged into a 1080p monitor.

Also, it can run Classic workbench at a reasonable speed as well.

Steve

Thanks for the comments, I have only tried 720p files but it ran well, due to the lack of interest I have lowered the price to 69.00.

ami_junki
21st December 2014, 09:33
Last time to lower the price before selling on the other bay.

ami_junki
21st December 2014, 23:53
I can install Windows or another OS such as Mint or Haiku OS if the buyer wants, Haiku OS runs very well on it too.

ami_junki
26th December 2014, 09:39
Sold off site, can mod close this please.