Is the A4000 problematic with Whdload ?

dougal

AmiBayer
Country
Malta
Its got an A3630 + FPU and 16MB with OS3.9 + Boingbag 1 and 2 installed

About 75% of Whdload games work ok but the rest have problems.

Usually errors of Whdload but some can even cause a Guru.

Is the problem with the HD, whdload, system ?

I

I've only got 3.1 and an '040 in my 4000 which, if anything, is probably a bit fussier than an '030 but at worst, I've found setting nocache in tooltypes (or just cache for sensi soccer for example) is enough to make things work.

Out of all the WHDLoad stuff I have on there, I think there's just the odd old slave that's problematic. Certainly the vast majority works a treat.

*edit*

Any games in particular that you're having problems with? If I have them on mine I'll give them a try, or anyone else reading this can so we can maybe narrow things down.

Last edited:
Shouldn't be any specific issue with your setup, 030 is normally optimal.

Maybe you have a faulty stick of Ram? Or did you set your HDD with correct max transfer value 0x1fe00?

Now I got this ;

d9842e080a783326f3d581892446183e.jpg

Clicked suspend and it GURU'd

Last edited:
Try taking out 2 of the Ram modules, test you machine for a while and see if you get errors. Then if all OK you know one of the other modules is faulty. If you get errors, try the others until you find the bad one.

Has the Motherboard suffered any Battery Leakage?

Yup, what he said. Looking at your other thread where you mention getting the odd yellow screen too, I'd be poking around the memory as suggested.

Is the A4000 problematic with Whdload ?

Try taking out 2 of the Ram modules, test you machine for a while and see if you get errors. Then if all OK you know one of the other modules is faulty. If you get errors, try the others until you find the bad one.

Has the Motherboard suffered any Battery Leakage?

Yes it's had the battery replaced with an NI-MH and I noticed a small jumper wire in the battery area and another near the audio circuitry. But other than that the board looks great and it has perfect loud sound and clock is perfect.

Last edited:
Battery damage to simm sockets is possible but before you get too worried make sure it's not just a fault Ram module. I got some 4mb simms here you can have for postage costs if you need more :)

Battery damage to simm sockets is possible but before you get too worried make sure it's not just a fault Ram module. I got some 4mb simms here you can have for postage costs if you need more :)

Thanks Steve. Tomorrow I'll take a look at the ram like you said. Try and isolate the problem.

I did a mem check which it passed but I don't trust it tbh.

Will let u know tomorrow (y)

Guys,

I opened the A4000 and did following:

Removed the last 2 ram simms - Switched on, yellow screen. - Switched off again

Removed the other 2 ram simms and replaced with the first ones i removed

Switched on, booted right away without issue, tested HD Toolbox and NO errors

Loaded 2 whdload games that I would not get running properly and they worked first go :)

So right now I'm missing 8MB on the last two slots.....

Gonna do some more testing and also rummage around my RAM box for some ram.

Will post soon :)

- - - Updated - - -

Eureka! Found some rams (4MB single sided) and it is working perfectly so far.

So far.... No more issues when booting up, problematic Whdload games working perfect and no more errors (suspend/reboot)

Thanks guys for the help... and thanks Steve for the offer :)

Testing (y)

Last edited:
Hey that's really awesome news. Now you can enjoy it. ☺

Back
Top Bottom