PDA

View Full Version : CD Audio in A4000 - Is there a header ?

dougal
25th December 2014, 19:39
I found a nice short 52X Sony CDR-W drive in my parts bin which fits much nicer in my A4000 than the old full length Mitsumi quad speed it had before and it looks and works great :)

Whilst I was installing it I was wondering about CD audio and i've heard that the A4000 has some sort of header for the CD audio but I couldn't find it.

Is it true that it has one and if so where is it and can I use a standard CDROM grey audio cable like of the PC's ?

stefan_st
25th December 2014, 21:54
Hi ,

i think you are searching for this connection , never used it even with two pair of speakers but it is possible to connect an internal cable from your cdrom to the MB ,
youŽll find it near the audio jacks :)

I found a nice short 52X Sony CDR-W drive in my parts bin which fits much nicer in my A4000 than the old full length Mitsumi quad speed it had before and it looks and works great :)

Whilst I was installing it I was wondering about CD audio and i've heard that the A4000 has some sort of header for the CD audio but I couldn't find it.

Is it true that it has one and if so where is it and can I use a standard CDROM grey audio cable like of the PC's ?

awmosoft
25th December 2014, 21:57
It's true you can use the header for CD audio. It's around the audio jacks. The header is three pins.

You need to modify the cable. You only have to remove one of the two black wires and put the white or red wire in the socket where you have removed the black wire. You olny need to do it only on the end where you connect to the audio header.

dougal
26th December 2014, 07:06
Awesome ! Thanks I'll do this later