PDA

View Full Version : Block ID Errors

-Acid-
31st December 2014, 01:40
I was transferring some files to my big hard drive and I get this error message now (see attachment). Is there any way to fix this without affecting the other partitions as in if I removed it and remade it would it fix the problem? (This is DH2 the last partition on the disk).

merlinkv
31st December 2014, 04:42
Hello mate,

Some questions......

- Partition size?
- Filesystem?
- IDE or SCSI controller? Which one?

and check also the IDE cable. Try using one "40 pins old style"....

-Acid-
31st December 2014, 10:37
Hello mate,

Some questions......

- Partition size?
- Filesystem?
- IDE or SCSI controller? Which one?

and check also the IDE cable. Try using one "40 pins old style"....
Roughly 60Gb, SFS and IDE. The block ID errors were in WinUAE using an IDE to USB cable, i've not had them in my real Amiga yet but as I say I was copying a lot of file on to it to a new area of the disk which hasn't been written to before.

-Acid-
10th January 2015, 22:01
Any other input?

I've used sata to ide converters before but are they reliable? I currently have one in my Xbox and it seems to work fine but how about long term? I'm thinking would a brand new modern sata drive and one of those adapters be more reliable than an IDE drive manufactured ten or more years ago?

-Acid-
11th January 2015, 22:52
I've now tried PFS3 on a different drive (2.5" 30GB), was copying some data to it and again wrong bitmap block id and index id errors. I don't see why this is happening when i've an old 18gb drive that's been used for over 10 years and never has this problem. Does anyone have any idea why it's happening or is large disk support on the Amiga just doomed to constantly fail?

fitzsteve
12th January 2015, 01:06
Hi Mate, unless the drive is faulty then it's probably the SATA-IDE converter that's causing the issue.

If you use UAEHF device then large Disk isn't an issue at all.