PDA

View Full Version : I think I have a dead Pi

protek
4th January 2015, 20:45
I thought I'd try play something with the RaspBMC and turned the TV source to the Pi. There was no picture so I tried to boot it but nothing happened.

There's a steady red led but no other leds were blinking. I tried to write the RaspBMC image to the SD card but that made no difference. Before it's just been plugged but not in use for some time. Has the Pi kicked the bucket for good or is there anything I could try?

johnim
4th January 2015, 20:59
are you using hdmi or composite

protek
4th January 2015, 22:17
HDMI but I tried also composite.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, got it sorted out. There was probably something wrong with SD card itself as changing it to another got it booting again.

johnim
4th January 2015, 22:56
Great news mate

smf
7th January 2015, 21:47
It happend to me once, suddenly the Pi stoped booting from the card. The card still functions on other devices but not in the Pi.

protek
8th January 2015, 17:12
It happend to me once, suddenly the Pi stoped booting from the card. The card still functions on other devices but not in the Pi.

Which make is that? Mine's a Transcend.

smf
9th January 2015, 12:38
@Protek

It's an 32gb Sandisk micro SD card.

protek
9th January 2015, 18:12
Still having a bit of an issue getting my Pi up and running. I put the NOOBS package onto the new SD card and it started to install Raspbian but it started complaining about not being able to load some tarball package.