PDA

View Full Version : Amstrad CM14 To Amiga?

dallyis
4th January 2015, 22:29
I have a Amstrad CM14 Monitor that I want to use with an Amiga 600.
I have been looking on line for the last hour to see if there is a cable diagram which will allow me to do this but have had no luck.
Does anyone here have this monitor connected to their amiga?

roy_bates
4th January 2015, 22:40
give me a sec and ill look at mine...

i also think fitzsteve has a setup like this.

EDIT:fitxsteve dont have the exact monitor,ill look at the service manual for your monitor and find the pinouts:)..back in a few.

EDIT2,this does look doable.ill be back a bit(maybe an hour or so)after a hot drink,and ill make schematic you can read:)
basically,you need to connect these signals to the monitor:red,green,blue,composite sync and ground for the video then right,left and ground for the audio and your away...

dallyis
4th January 2015, 22:59
Thanks Roy be great if you can get me the correct pinouts from the amiga to the CM14

roy_bates
5th January 2015, 00:04
here you go.:) please excuse the crudeness of drawing it was done in a hurry,lol
http://www.amibay.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=81311&d=1420416678

if anyone else knows different please comment:)

Hellraiser
5th January 2015, 00:26
Excellent work Roy....now if you could find me a CM14 monitor and ship it to Athens i would be your no1 fan!:lol:

roy_bates
5th January 2015, 00:50
:lol:

dallyis
5th January 2015, 07:34
Thanks again Roy I will try to put a cable together this week and let you know how it goes.

Does the last line say and add 10 to ground?

Bryce
5th January 2015, 08:32
here you go.:) please excuse the crudeness of drawing it was done in a hurry,lol

Hey, is that "RoyCAD 10.3" you've used there? :D

Bryce.

roy_bates
5th January 2015, 08:57
Thanks again Roy I will try to put a cable together this week and let you know how it goes.

Does the last line say and add 10 to ground?

no mate,its supposed to say "audio ground"

also,be aware this is the pinouts as you look at the socket on the amiga and plug on the monitor OR the solder side of the connectors as you make the cable:)
here is a tip for you when you build the cable,connect the audio from the amiga inside the hood of the 23 pin d type plug,that way you only have one cable going to the monitor.
p.s you only actually need a 7 core cable OR a 6 core screened cable going to the monitor connector.

best of luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, is that "RoyCAD 10.3" you've used there? :D

Bryce.

yes,i wish it was that wonderful:lol: comes complete with typos,it must be still in alpha:lol:

ndial
5th January 2015, 10:04
wonderful stuff here! thanks Roy for the infos :-)
the hardest part though is to find a CM14 available nowadays. a pity that is :-(

dallyis
12th January 2015, 18:55
The 8 pin din socket arrived today so hopefully I will get this finished this week.

Just to be certain should I bridge bridge pins 16,17,18,19 & 20 and then connect them to pin 8 on the cm14?
Also will I just connect the ground wires from the audio to pin 8 also?

MartinW
12th January 2015, 19:01
Just a thought, I don't have the CM14, I have the CTM640 - the one that comes with the 6128. I just soldered some wires to the relevant points on the board, out the back and to scart socket. It gives a lovely picture but it does have noticeable flicker. Well, not flicker as such, I can't explain it. Just what CRT does I think that I'm no longer used to. I used to get it bad with the 29" screen in one of my arcade cabs too. Gives me bad dots in front of the eyes.

Anyway, point is that it was particularly noticeable on the CTM640, with the Amstrad and the Amiga. Don't know if it would be the same with the slightly different CM14 or not?

roy_bates
12th January 2015, 20:16
The 8 pin din socket arrived today so hopefully I will get this finished this week.

Just to be certain should I bridge bridge pins 16,17,18,19 & 20 and then connect them to pin 8 on the cm14?
Also will I just connect the ground wires from the audio to pin 8 also?

yes bridge them all then solder a wire to go to pin 8.

take the audio ground and solder it to the solder bridge inside the 23 pin socket before it goes to pin 8 to the monitor.its neater that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a thought, I don't have the CM14, I have the CTM640 - the one that comes with the 6128. I just soldered some wires to the relevant points on the board, out the back and to scart socket. It gives a lovely picture but it does have noticeable flicker. Well, not flicker as such, I can't explain it. Just what CRT does I think that I'm no longer used to. I used to get it bad with the 29" screen in one of my arcade cabs too. Gives me bad dots in front of the eyes.

Anyway, point is that it was particularly noticeable on the CTM640, with the Amstrad and the Amiga. Don't know if it would be the same with the slightly different CM14 or not?

dont you mean CTM644?

the CTM640 was for the cpc 464 and dont have a 12 volt output.

im used to crt's, some people get a headache from it.i dont think it would different on any 15khz crt.i dont really notice it much.
try a anti glare screen or turn the brightness down a little

dallyis
12th January 2015, 20:50
yes bridge them all then solder a wire to go to pin 8.

take the audio ground and solder it to the solder bridge inside the 23 pin socket before it goes to pin 8 to the monitor.its neater that way.

Got it thanks I will let you how it goes

dallyis
18th January 2015, 15:28
Finally got around to making the cable this morning.

Works fine but as Martin mentions above with the CTM640 connected to an Amiga I also see a slight flicker with the CM14.

Thanks again Roy for the help.:thumbsup:

roy_bates
18th January 2015, 16:24
well done,glad to help:)