PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Analogic CD32 disk drive

dougal
5th January 2015, 09:56
I just bought one of those NOS Analogic CD32 floppy disk drives.

It apparently has an RGB out but the plug looks like those found on old Gameport PC joysticks.. (12 pin?) .. Is there a cable available for RGB ?

Can I replace the disk dive with a Gotek if I want ?

Do they come with a RTC ? (not that I really care)

Is the port at the back for floppy or parallel ?

Which is the first boot drive... CD or Disk ?

everblue
5th January 2015, 10:01
Some details here:

http://www.bigbookofamigahardware.com/bboah/product.aspx?id=1880

- There is an RTC
- There is a printer port (parallel I guess)
- I have seen Gotek drives installed in the floppy disk drives, so I guess yes.

Can someone confirm if you can use a normal RGB/Scart cable with the CD32 floppy drive or you need a special one?
Edit: Going to answer my own question here - you need a special cable which can be bought from other bay.

dougal
5th January 2015, 15:48
The RTC comes on a separate card. I wonder if it is included with the drive ... Hmmm will have to wait & see

Some details here:

http://www.bigbookofamigahardware.com/bboah/product.aspx?id=1880

- There is an RTC
- There is a printer port (parallel I guess)
- I have seen Gotek drives installed in the floppy disk drives, so I guess yes.

Can someone confirm if you can use a normal RGB/Scart cable with the CD32 floppy drive or you need a special one?
Edit: Going to answer my own question here - you need a special cable which can be bought from other bay.

dougal
8th January 2015, 11:29
Well the RTC was indeed included and Analogic really sent it fast. I paid for it on the 4th and it arrived on the 7th.

Question: A lot of older games won't work .... I'm guessing its the AGA/020/2MB/KS31 thing

Relockick helps as does switching of caches etc... Is there anything else i can do ?

Dita45
11th January 2015, 08:29
Analogic sell the cable for the amiga cd32 expansion for about 14.95. the rtc is on the inside. these are good expansions but disable every button on cd32 apart from the red button.