PDA

View Full Version : Sold A1200/Elbox Tower

Laudrup
7th June 2010, 22:20
Hello,

i offer an Amiga 1200 in an Elbox case / tower.

Kick 3.1
40 GB HDD
CD Rom Drive
CD Writer
ZIP 100 Drive
Elbox 4x IDE Interface
Lyra II Keyboard Interface
880 kb 3,5" Diskdrive

Everything works fine. I`ve just removed the 1240 and the Mediator 1200.

Need EUR 130,00 plus shipping. Worldwide possible. Paypal accepted.

Laudrup
8th June 2010, 22:11
i add 6 zip disks, unused :roll:

AmigaNut08
9th June 2010, 02:51
Hi old friend. Your not getting out of the Amiga scene are you?? This is a very nice set up you have. Hope all goes good with the sale.

Cheers

Laudrup
9th June 2010, 10:29
Hi old friend. Your not getting out of the Amiga scene are you?? This is a very nice set up you have. Hope all goes good with the sale.

Cheers

Hi Biagio,

i try to catch a A3000 system. Too many amigas in my room, so i have to sell some good stuff to buy the new one :-)

Cheers

Laudrup
10th June 2010, 10:24
new price

Draco_2010
10th June 2010, 19:00
Friend, I was interested in your Amiga, I wonder if you send me a present, since the tax on that product in Brazil is abusive, and will have to send that greatly increases the value.

Kin Hell
10th June 2010, 19:03
Friend, I was interested in your Amiga, I wonder if you send me a present, since the tax on that product in Brazil is abusive, and will have to send that greatly increases the value.

That's a big heavy box to send as a gift. Something that heavy going into Brazil would be thrown around & jumped on for sure....

@ rkauer

Draco_2010 could suffer some heavy losses if he goes this way. What are your thoughts m8y?

Kin

gavilan
10th June 2010, 19:09
Wow!!! an amazing kit indeed!!!
I was wondering if you would ship to Argentina, taking out the PSU, the CD reader and CD writer, so shipping would be less expensive??? Im in the same situation as Draco_2010: item should be sent as "gift" or "non commercial value", otherwise, local customs....take a lot in taxes and/or into their own pockets....

Just a quote about shipping to this part of the world then
Danke
Sebastian

---------- Post added at 15:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

That's a big heavy box to send as a gift. Something that heavy going into Brazil would be thrown around & jumped on for sure....

Kin

We are in the similar situation Kin...but i guess if the tower is sent as "gift" or "non commercial value2, we are cool about it (or at least pay muuuuch less in taxes.

I guess best way of sending this would be using any medium/full tower package?? Otherwhise, it would arrive in this lands in little pieces....
:thumbsup:

Kin Hell
10th June 2010, 19:15
@ Seb

The big thing about something being sent as a gift, means it can't be insured, meaning if it arrives damaged/non working, it's a right can of Whoop Ass from then on. ;)

Charlie

rkauer
10th June 2010, 19:38
Even splitting the unit in several boxes will be outrageous expensive to send, but at least you can avoid problems at customs.

Tips: the seller must mark the packages as "obsolete computers parts", and the packages must be send to different addresses and to different "buyers" for the same purpose.

Notice that even that way some packages can be "lost" in customs or have an outrageous fee to be liberated to final destination.

Draco_2010
10th June 2010, 20:52
Calm down people, just want to know! If you can not pay the tax, no problem, we can not make this is a big problem.

Laudrup
10th June 2010, 20:59
Hi, there is no problem to send only pieces... or the tower without cdrom and the psu.

is anyone in the world interested in this tower? :)

i am a real master in wrapping :D that should be the last problem.

Draco_2010
10th June 2010, 21:12
Actually I'm interested in it the way it is. Also because, if I buy already got the accelerator. How come he has installed the 3.9?

StrontiumDog
10th June 2010, 21:13
[edited]

opps! wrong thread lol

Kin Hell
10th June 2010, 21:20
Calm down people, just want to know! If you can not pay the tax, no problem, we can not make this is a big problem.

We were just looking out for your best interests. :thumbsup:

I don't think anyone was getting too excited.

Just be aware that gift shipments can not be covered under insurance, as they are not being declared to Customs.

Good luck however you go with this. :)

Kin

Laudrup
10th June 2010, 21:32
Actually I'm interested in it the way it is. Also because, if I buy already got the accelerator. How come he has installed the 3.9?

You mean the speed of installed wb?? Depends on your accelerator...i had a 1240. The speed was absolutely ok.

There is Kick 3.1 on the board, so the lastest wb is no problem ;)

Draco_2010
10th June 2010, 21:38
The value is 130.00 Euros, plus transposed. Do not have idea how much shipping? So I can know how much you have to send. Because PayPal has some additional value?

Laudrup
10th June 2010, 21:49
it depends on weight.. try dhl.de (its english, too).

if i can manage to hold the weight under 10kg its EUR 55,00. 20 kg is EUR 85,00 :o

Draco_2010
10th June 2010, 21:53
Friend, you know how much it weighs?

Laudrup
10th June 2010, 21:57
no scale here....can tell you tomorrow how much it is....

Laudrup
11th June 2010, 05:51
the weight is 13,9 kg

without psu and drives more than 10 kg. sorry, but this tower is really heavy and robust. shipping to brazil is EUR 85,00 :blink:

Draco_2010
11th June 2010, 13:07
Actually, totaling EUR 215.00. The value is more than fair, the problem is that when you get here will pay more taxes to EUR 100.00. Laudrup can give you the answer Monday? Because if I quit now transfer the value to your paypal. One more detail, what else do I have to pay q sending the money by paypal? I have to pay the commission, I think it is 4%? Sorry the questions, most need to know all the value it will have to pay for not having any doubt and a quiet transaction for both.

---------- Post added at 09:07 ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 ----------

This weight is 13.9 pounds without the drives and the PSU? How much is the value with everything? Including drives and PSU.

JiggyMF
11th June 2010, 13:47
I am interested in all the drives/idecard and stuff which might be left out due to weight.

gavilan
11th June 2010, 20:01
@ Seb

The big thing about something being sent as a gift, means it can't be insured, meaning if it arrives damaged/non working, it's a right can of Whoop Ass from then on. ;)

Charlie

@Charlie: yes my friend, im totally aware of that. I guess people living in this part of the world, we are used to "take that risk" in order to avoid huge insane taxes and/or corrupted custom officers...

Alas, a Power Tower can be broke easily, right?? :D

Anyway....85 euros of shipping...how i wish i could live closer... ;)

Also, sending as a gift sometimes come back to you in a totally unexpected way. Saying its "obsolete hardware with no commercial value" or similar, may get better results.

Bottom line: at least in my country, custom officers are totally ignorant. They dont care also, of what is that package that you are expecting with so much emotion. They want, either money in their pockets, or just get delighted to charge what they THINK the content of the package might cost.

One little example: last Blizzard card i got. I bought it from motorollin (A.org). He sent the card registered, secured, with insurance, etc etc etc.
I got no so lucky (usually there is a random situation when a package first arrives here, randomly they are choosen to go to customs, or randomly they go straight to your house). Anyway, when i went to customs, they asked me to open the package. I opened. The guy told me "Oh, this is a Pc card bla bla bla" I said "no sir, its not, its for an old Commodore machine". He wouldnt believe me. I showed him the "card signature" where it says in which year it was built (93 or 94 if i recall correct). So i said to him "see? its OLd and has no commercial value". He inmediately replied "so its an antique/collectors piece of hardware, it surely costed you a lot"...so they charged me...i think it was more than 100 american dollares if i want to "liberate" the package.

I refused, in no way i would pay 100 dollars in invented taxes, since they dont have a chart or a reference sheet to see and compare. They just base their tax on the stamps that are on the package and/or on the paypal invoice paper that many people puts inside the package.

So, my negative answer, package went back to UK. I sent payment once again, this time asking moto not to insure, secured etc. Just regular royal Mail package, with nothing "outrageous". 3 weeks later, Mr Postman rang my bell, delivering the card straight to my home.

On big/heavy packages (usually more than 500 grs.) you MUST go to customs. Usually, they let you go after you spend 30 minutes explanining the unexplainable: that you want the package without paying stupid/nonsense taxes, and that you wont put money inside your ID when they ask for it. So, once you go several times, they "recognize" you, and if you like them, usually they will let go the item without any complain. But, if they dont like you (like my case for example, that i dont put money inside my ID), they try to justify that the item costs a "million dollar". If you put a "dumb" face, usually they buy it, thinking you are just a nerd/geek wanting to play around with some little card for an old machine.

I have been named by this guys the "commodore crazy guy". So everytime i go there...i know what to expect.

with a Power Tower or similar, i know i will definitely have to pay taxes, according to the weight of the package and to shipping costs. So, if shipping is around 100 dollars, i would be forced to pay 50 dollars at least + what they consider the tower is worth. If , in this case, laudrup puts "gift" or "declare" the value of the tower in , say, 10, 20 or 30 euros, you wont be charged. After all, in their eyes, its "just a Pc TOWER". Surely, i would be asked "why you bought a Tower in a foreign country when they are so cheap locally". But thats another story ;)

Im almost sure that in Brazil, customs work very similar, right ??? ;)

Good luck to the one that finally gets this very nice Tower!!!! :thumbsup:

Draco_2010
11th June 2010, 20:48
@ Gavilan: Absolutely right, here comes the same way. Or I put in a "better" value, or have to pay at least EUR 100,00 tax, if he (the official customs) find that the declared value is correct, if he thinks it is worth I will pay more. I am very willing to tower, but I'm wondering if it really worth the stress when she'll arrive in Brazil.

Laudrup
12th June 2010, 00:48
At first, there are no further paypal fees for you, thats my problem, ok ? :) I think you have more problems withthe customs than me with some Euros for Paypal. So we leave it at 130 + 85 for the whole package. The total weight including drives and psu and the other stuff is 13,9 kg - thats are 30 american pounds.

Take your time until monday...

I have no problem to declare the stuff as "waste" ;-)

Laudrup
14th June 2010, 18:45
any news draco??

Draco_2010
14th June 2010, 19:55
Laudrup, despite being much interested, I have to quit the negotiation. Thank you very much for your attention.

gavilan
14th June 2010, 20:48
@ Laudrup: just the Tower + the Amiga mobo...do they weight less than 10 kg? I dont need the drives nor the PSU. I can find them easily locally... If the weight is less than 10 just for the 2 items...let me know please how much would be shipping to Buenos Aires.
thanks for all your patience ;9

Sebastian

Laudrup
14th June 2010, 21:25
@ Laudrup: just the Tower + the Amiga mobo...do they weight less than 10 kg? I dont need the drives nor the PSU. I can find them easily locally... If the weight is less than 10 just for the 2 items...let me know please how much would be shipping to Buenos Aires.
thanks for all your patience ;9

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian, the tower alone has more than 10 kg....

Laudrup
15th June 2010, 11:32
still for sale....

Lechuck
15th June 2010, 16:11
Expressing interest for trading with a mac mini

Laudrup
15th June 2010, 16:59
agreed to the deal, wait for the mini, send the elbox tower to greece tomorrow :thumbsup:

Lechuck
15th June 2010, 17:44
Deal confirmed :thumbsup:

Lechuck
16th June 2010, 06:18
Mac mini sent this morning:D

dj.echo
23rd June 2010, 02:34
Hi i am interested:thumbsup:

Lechuck
6th July 2010, 19:05
Tower has arrived so thread can be closed!:thumbsup:

Leaving feedback as we speak

davideo
6th July 2010, 19:12

As this was a trade we really should wait for 'Laudrup' to leave his feedback :thumbsup:

Dave G :cool:

Laudrup
6th July 2010, 19:16

As this was a trade we really should wait for 'Laudrup' to leave his feedback :thumbsup:

Dave G :cool:

Everything is fine. Feedback left ! :thumbsup:

Close the door please :)

davideo
6th July 2010, 19:18
Everything is fine. Feedback left ! :thumbsup:

Close the door please :)

Thank you, Dave G :cool: