PDA

View Full Version : AmigaOne XE CPU Board Jumper Settings

fitzsteve
21st January 2015, 11:05
Hi!

Does anyone have the jumper settings for a G3 CPU Module on the A1 XE?

I want to clock mine back down to 800mhz which I think was how they came from the factory (it's 933 right now and seems unstable) it has the 750FX CPU.

I can't find them anywhere and the manual refers you to the IBM Data Sheet which I don't have.

Thanks in advance :)

Steve.

watsonfmly
21st January 2015, 12:55
It is on the official manual, page 10, found here:

http://www.intuitionbase.com/a1_xe.pdf

I use it recently :)

fitzsteve
22nd January 2015, 09:05
Thanks! I did look in the manual but I can't see how to adjust the multipliers and I think that's what I need for the overclock?

I'm not sure just dropping the FSB back to 100mhz will give me 800mhz? I will double check the voltage dip switches are correct though.

RichyV
22nd January 2015, 10:06
Hey Steve, aren't these motherboards serviced by CPU module cards (rather than just drop-in CPU's)?

If so, I can only presume that there are jumpers on these CPU cards also - may want to take a look there...

HTH.

fitzsteve
22nd January 2015, 14:33
Hi RichyV, that's preciously what I'm asking for in my original post as they're not documented in the manual.

I've searched the net high and low and I can only find them for the G4 CPU modules.

RichyV
22nd January 2015, 17:20
Ah, sorry Steve, misread it. :(

Well, as far as I can understand, your CPU board must be set to 7x (presuming the mobo is set to run at 133MHz). And you'd need to set it to 8x (along with the mobo @ 100MHz) or 6 if you're leaving the mobo settings alone. So, just changing the mobo ones will mean that you'll actually be underclocking it to 700MHz. Which will be an OK test for stability anyway.

Are the jumpers so much different from the G4 board then?

fitzsteve
22nd January 2015, 17:41
Ah, sorry Steve, misread it. :(

Well, as far as I can understand, your CPU board must be set to 7x (presuming the mobo is set to run at 133MHz). And you'd need to set it to 8x (along with the mobo @ 100MHz) or 6 if you're leaving the mobo settings alone. So, just changing the mobo ones will mean that you'll actually be underclocking it to 700MHz. Which will be an OK test for stability anyway.

Are the jumpers so much different from the G4 board then?

I can't find any info at all mate, only this:

http://www.intuitionbase.com/static.php?section=cpumod

And it suggest the G3 module is indeed different.

fitzsteve
25th April 2015, 18:27
Thought I'd update this thread.

I found the G3 board jumper settings in the unofficial uA1 hand book, it explains the jumper settings for the G3 CPU module which is what I have in the AmigaOne XE.

I clocked it down to 800mhz but this didn't make any difference, I still have random lockups.

Sometimes it will work for hours, leading me to think it is all working fine other times it will lock up after a few minutes.

Here's the link to the uA1 unnoficial handbook:

http://www.intuitionbase.com/static.php?section=handbook

:)