PDA

View Full Version : Piccollo card pass throug

cugar124
23rd January 2015, 13:21
Hi guys wondering does anyone know how to get this pass through to work without the software. If workbench loads the piccollo will allow the pass through ok untill u have to boot into a game or a workbench disc.

Thanks al

protek
23rd January 2015, 14:41
Do you have a scan doubler or does your monitor sync to AGA? The Piccolo pass through shouldn't need any software but it doesn't double the scan rate.

cugar124
23rd January 2015, 19:00
Hi
Yeah I have the Indi Mk2 I had taken it that once the machine booted it would decide which output it need and just push it through but for some reason it does'nt

dw0ntU5m3
25th January 2015, 03:49
Hi
Yeah I have the Indi Mk2 I had taken it that once the machine booted it would decide which output it need and just push it through but for some reason it does'nt

You have the output of the Indi Mk2 going into the amiga video passthrough port of the Piccollo?

cugar124
19th February 2015, 21:51
Yeah for some reason the passthrough does not work

dw0ntU5m3
20th February 2015, 02:22
Yeah for some reason the passthrough does not work So you say the passthrough works when workbench loads but not with a game or booting off something else. But when workbench does load and the passthrough is working, it does display the Indivision output correctly, it passes through just fine? Did you try the passthrough from the normal rgb port into the Piccolo?

cugar124
21st February 2015, 18:50
to be honest it has my head screwed up if someone has a step by step guide that would help me loads I am using cybergraphics with the card and the indi as well

Thanks guys

AL

dw0ntU5m3
22nd February 2015, 03:49
to be honest it has my head screwed up if someone has a step by step guide that would help me loads I am using cybergraphics with the card and the indi as well Thanks guys AL It should just work. Hold down the left and right mouse buttons on boot and see if the Piccolo passes through the native amiga video from the early startup menu. The piccolo pass through input has a 9 pin connector, are you sure the cable that goes from the 15 pin VGA output from the indivision to the 9 pin input on the Piccolo is correct?

cugar124
22nd February 2015, 10:44
OK bit of an update tried it via the Amba output works perfect but with the Indi it fails to work any idea's

dw0ntU5m3
23rd February 2015, 00:30
OK bit of an update tried it via the Amba output works perfect but with the Indi it fails to work any idea's Do you mean that with the Amiga RGB output going into the Piccolo passthrough it works? If so I suspect your cabling between your Indivision and the Piccolo. What cable(s) are you using to get the indivision output into the Piccolo?

cugar124
23rd February 2015, 07:11
Hi bud its the A3000 internal flicker fixer and the piccolos own vga pass through cable which works fine with it but not with the indi.

cugar124
24th February 2015, 19:15
Yep turns out the INDI ECS does not like my Picollo pass through the Amber chip the A3000's own scandoubler works perfect with it but the picture from the Amber is not great on my LCD

dw0ntU5m3
25th February 2015, 02:42
Yep turns out the INDI ECS does not like my Picollo pass through the Amber chip the A3000's own scandoubler works perfect with it but the picture from the Amber is not great on my LCD That's odd the Piccolo passthrough shouldn't really care what signal it's passing through. Maybe play with the indivision output in the software for it? Try different Sync rates and play with the polarization settings? What do you have the Indivision set to output?

cugar124
26th February 2015, 06:49
Hi its the orignal cable and its to the internal Amiga A3000 Amber scandoubler not the RGB port.