PDA

View Full Version : Took my A600 out from storage after 2,5 years.

kronuz
25th January 2015, 09:35
Rev 1.3
Still nice and white.
Keyboard working perfectly ( courtesy of our dear fitzsteve )
Picture nice and stable.

But thereīs hardly ANY sound on left audio channel ( white )

Any quickfix for this, or are we talking full recap and maybe not just that ?

Cheerio!

Snoozy
25th January 2015, 09:40
Probably recap in the first instance, i think faint sound is a likely indication of this? Bebek on here will likely help you and his price is reasonable.

supaduper
25th January 2015, 09:41
Its a good chance its the Audio caps just replace them to start with ,hopefully they have not leaked and done any track damage

kronuz
25th January 2015, 10:09
OK, thanks guys! Just sent bebek a PM. Going to get the board out and look for leaks :O

kronuz
25th January 2015, 11:11
Also, I booted WB1.3 and 3.1, and thereīs a lag between moving the mouse and seeing the cursor move on the screen....a little less than 05, second delay.
Quite anoying...canīt remember seeing anything anything like this before.
Iīm using RGB to Scart on my 400Hz TV.

Now thereīs popping and distortion in the sound :/ but less and less as the machine gets varm.

ElectroBlaster
25th January 2015, 17:22
I have to bigup Bebek! He did two of my A1200's and one of them had terrible sound. After working his magic they work perfectly :)

I have some A600's that need doing, most of them are well overdue and have all the usual issue's including duff sound.

BrooksterMax
25th January 2015, 20:05
I had poor sound (none on one channel) on my A1200. A recap by bebek made it all better.

portarinos
25th January 2015, 20:07
Recap or try with a different PSU maybe.

kronuz
25th January 2015, 20:34
PSU is running a500 and a1200 just fine. I have made a deal for recap by bebek. Thanks again guys.

Any of you know something about why I have such a lag between moving the mouse and seeing the cursor react...is the stock 600 just THAT slow ?

jvdbossc
29th January 2015, 23:11
The A600 is not fast, but the cursor on stock config should move fast! On my machines the caps died alltogheter (a few weeks), you might have found another cap problem. Probably all the bigger SMD caps need to be done. (aswer based on clasic config with classic monitor)

Turranius
31st January 2015, 01:56
PSU is running a500 and a1200 just fine. I have made a deal for recap by bebek. Thanks again guys.

Any of you know something about why I have such a lag between moving the mouse and seeing the cursor react...is the stock 600 just THAT slow ?

Same thing happens in the early-boot menu? If not, its software related.

fgh
31st January 2015, 22:56
I had an a600 with weak sound once as well, recap didn't fix it, had to change one of the amps as well.
You could also have it recapped in sandefjord by Geir. (link (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=74035)).

kronuz
2nd February 2015, 14:14
Thanks guys...the board is already across the pond, so no way to test anything before itīs back from recap ;)

demolition
2nd February 2015, 14:29
The lag is caused by your TV. Deinterlacing and other signal processing adds delay. If possible, set the TV to gaming-mode or at least disable as much signal processing as possible. This should improve the lag. Since the Amiga has a hardware cursor it has no lag, although you will need to wait up to 1/50 sec for the next frame to show the update.

My A600 had the same problem with no sound in one channel. Many caps were leaking and one track was cut by the acid, so a recap alone would not have restored the audio. I hope whoever you sent it to will check the area around the caps after cleaning before refitting the new ones.

kronuz
2nd February 2015, 14:44
The lag is caused by your TV. Deinterlacing and other signal processing adds delay. If possible, set the TV to gaming-mode or at least disable as much signal processing as possible. This should improve the lag. Since the Amiga has a hardware cursor it has no lag, although you will need to wait up to 1/50 sec for the next frame to show the update.

You are right...that must be it ;)

kronuz
3rd February 2015, 20:07
Haha...bought another A600, so now Iīm covered anyways ;)
Guess I will keep one as backup, and the other with 020 for WHD :D