I cannot get Rick Dangerous to work properly on my A4000

dougal

AmiBayer
Country
Malta
I tried the WhdLoad and it loads and plays but has lots of graphical glitches/bugs. I used the latest WHDLoad install and latest version of WhdLoad.

I also tried the NOVBR, NOMMU, NOAUTOVEC, NOCACHE etc.. options but still same problem.

I also tried playing it from disk, even disabling CPU Caches and selecting original chipset in early startup and still same problem.

The CPU card is an A3640 @33Mhz (040) and Amiga has 16MB RAM and 2MB chipram. The only expansion card in the Zorro slots is a Picasso II which is wired up to a GBS-8220.

All other games seem to work fine.

Could it be a conflict/issue with this particular game and the 040 ? Could it be a problem with my RAM ? But like i said only this game seems to give me problems.

have you tried reinstalling the game files? it might be corrupt.

sadly i dont have any 040 based machines to see if its a compatibility problem.

hopefully steve or edd will comment in the thread im sure they have 040 based 4000's

Last edited:
I'll test tonight on my A4k. Might need to be reported to the whdload team.

Are you using the latest versions of WHDLoad and the slave?

Might be worth posting your issue up on the WHDLoad bugtracker for them to have a look.

I have problems too on my 1200 + Apollo 040/25
It hangs before I have a chance to see Graphical Glitches.

gona test it now on my amiga 1200 with apollo 1230.
seems to be working fine here,no graphical glitches.
im also on latest whdload

Last edited:
so it is whdload that have a bug with 1240 and that game,your other games working fine.
contact them and ask if they could replicate it?
if more users here say they have also that problem with latest whdload and 1240 and rick d,then it will be clear-
that it is whdload.

thats the reason I dropped my 060 setup to an 030. compatibility. the 060 was nice to own, but for a few demos and doom it served no other use for me.

I tested both RD 1&2 on my A4k and they work fine, no special tool types, to be honest I don't generally have issues with games. I guess it's in the architecture of the card and not just the cpu that causes issues.

I'm using whdload 17.2 by the way.

I updated to 18.0 and less games worked :(
I had to use the larger LZX (normally use the small)
archive file to get it back to 17.2

There is another report on the WhdLoad bug tracker with someone else with exact the same problem as me, the same glitches and color issues. He is using an A1200 with a 68040 accelerator.

So the issue seems to be with the 040 compatibility.

After the Roll-back I got it working... :eek:

But saw some small Graphic Glitching -
not enough to spoil the game.

Back
Top Bottom