Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Hi all, i am looking to get a copy of MS-Dos 6.22 and Windows 3.1 on floppy.
I don't mind if you want to sell or if anyone has some i can borrow and then return that would be fine.
They are to install on my Amstrad Mega PC, the original 40mb HDD has them installed but i don't have the discs to install it on the newer 340mb hdd i've installed.
Cheap as possible please

Thanks

Mike

*EDIT*

I've had a few people pm me offering to email me images of the disks.
I have images but as i don't have any floppy discs i would like real floppies please.
Plus i would also like to have the originals to keep with the system.

Last edited:
A store here still has the OEM floppies for windows 3.11 They also have a boxed copy of the DOS 6.22 Upgrade. You want me to find out how much they want for them?

-Edit- The OEM floppies of Windows 3.11 for workgroups is with the manual and COA, It's a full set, just no box, like the old OEMS were.

Last edited:
Mike,

I have 5 windows 3.1 disks (numbered 1-5) cant rememeber if there should be any more its been a long time since i saw these :whistle:

They are yours, as they are no use to me any longer

hi mate i have 3.11 disks but i dont know about what windows disks i have i will find them out tomorrow and see for you i can drop them in i will see what im working next week if you had poped this up yesterday i was in nottingham today

james

@ppcami, which software do you have on floppy and how much do you want for it?

@Nathanieltolbert, it would be great if you could find out for me.

@Jujasi, i'd love to take them off you if you can let me know how much you'd like for them.

@Jimbob005

i have 3.11 disks but i dont know about what windows disks i have

3.11 are the windows disks buddy.

Mike

Mike,

You can have them for free like I said there are only 5 disks , not sure if there should be any more tho :unsure:

PM me your address and they will be winging their way to you on mon/tues (y)

Windows3.11 will not run in anything less than a 386sx. Word of advice.

For 286 CPU stick with 3.1.

thanks for the tip rkauer, the machine they're intended for is a 386sx with 16mb ram and a 340mb hdd.

@Jujasi, thanks mate, if you could let me know your paypal address for the postage i'll send it you tonight.

Thanks

Mike

3.11 windows is usually 8 disks.

I checked with the store and I wouldn't pay those prices for the software! 50USD for a sealed DOS 6.22 Upgrade!?!? 80USD for Windows 3.11?!?! I could buy Win XP Home for cheaper! Sorry. It always boggles my mind about how high some old technology goes for. I found a GeForce 4Ti 4200 at local computer shop and the guy thought it was worth 100 bucks. Crazy!

Hi Nathaniel, the pricing is why i asked on here, i saw some on ebay and they wanted a fortune that i wasn't prepared to pay.

Thanks for checking for me though.

Mike

hi scrappy, i have made a full set of dos 6.22 and win 3.1 disks all working as i have used myself. id happily let u borrow them if u would be happy to pay postage both ways

Win98 will not work in anything less than a Pentium.

Win95 will not work in anything less than a 486.

Win 3.11 will not work in anything less than a386sx.

Win3.1 will not work in anything less than a 286.

Hope this time you can sort the software.

Hi all, i will be installing these onto a 386sx so going by rkauer's advice i will be needing dos 6.22 and windows 3.1.

@jujasi, pm'd you my address for your windows 3.1 if you let me know the postage i'd be glad to pay it.

@Jimbob005, can you let me know what you'd like for those dos 6.22 disks including p&p

and finally @ Elron Nightshade, if these guys disks don't work for me i'd be glad to borrow your disks and would definately pay p&p both ways.

I eagerly await answers from Jujasi and Jimbob005 and thank all for your efforts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom