PDA

View Full Version : Installing os with a custom 3.9 kickstart.

watsonfmly
9th February 2015, 01:15
I received my brand new (nos) A4000D.

I created a custom 3.9 kickstart (thanks mfilos).

It seemed to work fine, but when installing Amiga OS 3.9, I kept getting errors.

When I partitoned my hard drive (any size) I would get guru errors on reboot.

I finally put the 3.1 roms in, and it worked fine.

Do I need to get OS 3.9 and bb 1-4 installed before I put in the custom ROMS?

Thanks.

fitzsteve
9th February 2015, 07:55
Yeah you need to setup OS3.9 first and install the patches and then you can disable the software Rom update and pop in your custom Roms.

The best thing to do is preare your hard drive with WinUAE and then install it into the Amiga.

dw0ntU5m3
10th February 2015, 02:52
I received my brand new (nos) A4000D. I created a custom 3.9 kickstart (thanks mfilos). It seemed to work fine, but when installing Amiga OS 3.9, I kept getting errors. When I partitoned my hard drive (any size) I would get guru errors on reboot. I finally put the 3.1 roms in, and it worked fine. Do I need to get OS 3.9 and bb 1-4 installed before I put in the custom ROMS? Thanks. If you created a custom kickstart from OS 3.9 BB2 then you already have the ROM updates setpatch is trying to install. Maybe they don't match either like you updated to scsi.device 44.2 and the ROM update in devs: has 43.43(or whatever) this and the other patches you have in your rom usually cause a couple of Recoverable Alerts, though you should be able to just click through them. So you need to tell setpatch to not install its ROM updates, you do that in your S:startup-sequence change the line: C:SetPatch QUIET To: C:SetPatch NOROMUPDATE QUIET There is another line below that with another setpatch if it detects you have some of the older large HDD solutions, you can change that as well.