Blogger
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Country
Uk
Region
Lancashire
Hi

Does anyone have the patience to refit a new housing on a DS Lite (hinge cracked) and also an Xperia play. Please contact me with prices:)

can you send me pictures of both here or via pm of the two units.the damaged areas.

ill do it for a reasonable price:) plus shipping both ways.

if your willing send both units including replacement parts and the power supply's(if applicable) so i can make sure they work after.:)

Last edited:
Hi Roy

Thanks for your quick PM. I will take some pics of the units in the morning but here are the links to the housings for both:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Housi...997?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8c1d2355

This is a video on how to replace the housing on DS lite - there is a common problem of broken hinges - I dont know if there is a permanent fix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3X1cxjB-mo

It might be cheaper for me to order the replacement housings direct to your address and then send the units?

its not worth trying to repair the hinges they will just break again,yes mate just send the parts direct to me and ill replace them for you.

ill just answer your pm and send you my home address for shipping:)

Last edited:
i've done a few of the ds lite in the past and they are quite fiddly with the top screen ribbon (you have to loop it through a small ring on the hinge) but if you take your time its easy enough to do. I'm sure you're in good hands with Roy :)

Done about 300 DS Lite re-casings in the past (had a little business going for a while back in the day). Can offer my services if you need them.

Scrappy - There is definately a method to the top screen ribbon, the key is not to be too "careful" believe it or not.

Last edited:
i've done a few of the ds lite in the past and they are quite fiddly with the top screen ribbon (you have to loop it through a small ring on the hinge) but if you take your time its easy enough to do. I'm sure you're in good hands with Roy :)

I dont have the patience for fiddly things like this so I prefer someone who knows what they are doing to do it for me!

- - - Updated - - -

Done about 300 DS Lite re-casings in the past (had a little business going for a while back in the day). Can offer my services if you need them.

Scrappy - There is definately a method to the top screen ribbon, the key is not to be too "careful" believe it or not.

Hi Simon. Thanks for your response. Roy will be doing both the phone and the DS lite however I appreciate your reply. I know the DS lites arent worth much now but this one is my original one and its a shame to leave it as it is.

i have actually started this now,a couple of items was added and ill be finished some time next week when i find time.

the only item left is the ds lite...

just posting here so i can find the thread again...
any interest and ill post pictures of what ive done if its ok?
didnt take any before pictures as limboy knows what they looked like before i started them..

EDIT:heres some pictures of whats been done so far...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
ive finished this now,as ive explained to limboy i got held up a bit as i had a monitor taking up my entire bench.

ill put up pictures of the ds lite in a bit when the battery has charged...

some pics,ill pack this lot up later or tomorrow and find out what the shipping is .

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

ill let you set time and settings etc...

EDIT: payment accepted with thanks:) tracking already sent,ill send this out tomorrow morning.ill post in the thread when i have come back from work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom