Licence to drill
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Up for sale are 15 brand new, professionally manufactured 12" (30cm) IEC serial cables from Jim Brain. All tested and working.

ALL CABLES NOW SOLD

Please note: these are NOT standard length serial cables and are too short to use as a connection between the computer and a floppy drive or printer.

These shorter cables are particularly useful with devices such as the 1541 Ultimate (as shown in the pic) or sd2iec, or to use as interconnects on stacked drives.

I am offering these at £2.99 per cable (maximum of 4 cables per person).

Postage & packing:
1 or 2 cables - 80p (1st class) / 65p (2nd class)
3 or 4 cables - £1.15 (1st class) / £1 (2nd class)

For recorded delivery add 80p to the above prices. For international postage, please ask.

Payment by PayPal please.

Buyers:
Merlin - 3 cables - collected
moijk - 2 cables - interest withdrawn
fatbob_gb - 2 cables - PAID - posted 21/06/10 - RECEIVED
jay - 1 cable - PAID - posted 08/07/10 - RECEIVED
LTAC - 1 cable - PAID - posted 08/07/10 - RECEIVED
clayster - 1 cable - PAID - posted 12/03/12
gazcbm - 4 cables - PAID - posted 12/03/12
quazar247 - 2 cables - PAID - posted 12/03/12

ALL CABLES NOW SOLD.

Attachments

• 12in_iec_cable.jpg
    12in_iec_cable.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi there! Excuse my ignorance...are these serial cables like the ones to attach the drive to the C= ? If so...how much would cost shipping of 2 to Buenos Aires, Argentina? Cheers! Sebastian

@Gavilan

Yes, they are the IEC serial cables for the C64 floppy drive/printers. :)

Heather

Hi there! Excuse my ignorance...are these serial cables like the ones to attach the drive to the C= ? If so...how much would cost shipping of 2 to Buenos Aires, Argentina? Cheers! Sebastian

I chopped up my 1541 cable when buying a paralell to 1541 for the c64s emulator in the 90s. I'd like to replace that plus one spare too :)

[That was an order for two, to Norway. No fries with that please]d

@all: Just to make this absoloutely clear, these are NOT standard length cables.

Normal Commodore serial cables are around 36-48" long. These cables are only 12" long and are too short for connecting the computer to a disk drive or printer.

What they are good for is connecting two stacked drives together or for the SD card devices already mentioned. Basically, any situation where you have devices in close proximity to each other, or the computer, and want to reduce the clutter caused by the longer cables.

If anyone thought these were standard cables and wants to be removed from the list, please let me know.

@gavilan: shipping to Argentina is £1.90 (airmail, delivery in around 5 days)

@moijk: shipping to Norway is £1.35 (airmail, delivery in around 3 days)

@fatbob_gb: I've added you to the list.

PMs sent asking for payment.

I'll be making a trip to the post office on Monday morning. Anyone else interested in one of these? There's still time to get your order in...

Payment received from fatbob_gb. Cables posted today.

Payment made in person to AgentX this evening. Thanks a lot, AgentX.

(y)(y)(y)

PMs replied to jay and LTAC. Awaiting payment.

Payments received from LTAC and jay.

Thanks guys. I will post your cables tomorrow.

Cables posted to LTAC and jay this morning. They should arrive in about 2-3 days.

@LTAC: postage was less than expected so I've refunded the difference.

Received and working good cheers m8. Nice and neat behind the 64 now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom