PDA

View Full Version : SNES Mouse needs repairs - Please help

dougal
4th March 2015, 15:35
I just bought a SNES mouse... for my SNES. DUH! :p

Well, the scrolling stuff works fine and so does the right mouse button, but the left is super dodgy.

It works if you bash it, sometimes you have to bash it a lot and sometimes a little less.

I've opened it up and its not dirty.

I sprayed some isopropanol cleaning fluid on the micro switch but it didn't help much.

Is there anything else I can try ? Anything that preferably does not include having to solder ?

Anyone volunteering to fix it ? I want to enjoy Mario Paint properly and I don't think pressing so hard on the left mouse button is doing it much good truth be told.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Ed.D
4th March 2015, 15:48
I fixed my Amiga 1200 mouse the other day where I had to press quite hard on the LMB to get it to work. I sprayed a tiny amount of Servisol Super 10 on the tiny switch inside, worked a treat after exercising the switch a few more times.

roy_bates
4th March 2015, 15:52
i dont mind fixing it,i dont have one so i dont know what switch it takes...could you take a picture?

dougal
4th March 2015, 16:23
i dont mind fixing it,i dont have one so i dont know what switch it takes...could you take a picture?

There you go Roy

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/04/057fb1e555f744cb115712f1f33a395d.jpg

roy_bates
4th March 2015, 17:28
it looks like itll take a standard tactile switch.

let me know and ill sort out for you,could you take a measurement of the pin spacing i may have some in a spares box.

thats the side two pins measurement between pins and the measurement between the two sides as well they are probably different that way.

so thats lengh and width between pins centers NOT the total size of the switch itself,so im clear..:)

im imagining 9mm x 12.5mm or there abouts height isnt a problem

dougal
4th March 2015, 18:45
=[]= <---- This is how the switch is orientated. You have the actual switch and two pins on each side.

Between the pins there is around 1/2 of a millimetre
Between the sides is around 1.1 to 1.2 millimetre (Measured across from the bottom pin on the left of the switch to the bottom pin on the right)

it looks like itll take a standard tactile switch.

let me know and ill sort out for you,could you take a measurement of the pin spacing i may have some in a spares box.

thats the side two pins measurement between pins and the measurement between the two sides as well they are probably different that way.

so thats lengh and width between pins centers NOT the total size of the switch itself,so im clear..:)

im imagining 9mm x 12.5mm or there abouts height isnt a problem

roy_bates
4th March 2015, 18:59
lol,not the size of the pins mate,the gap between them.from pin to pin.

dougal
4th March 2015, 19:06
:lol: I'm no good at this. I did measure like you said. Could it be the 1 on the little pencil case ruler I used means 10 ? That would mean 5mm between the pins and 11 or 12mm across from bottom left pin to bottom right one ... does that make any sense ?

lol,not the size of the pins mate,the gap between them.from pin to pin.

roy_bates
4th March 2015, 19:10
not really mate:) i cant work out what you mean.

do you want to just send it along and ill sort it out?
ill find replacements and let you know how much it will be,i cant see it being very much.:)

dougal
4th March 2015, 19:19
Haha i'm useless

Sending you a PM

not really mate:) i cant work out what you mean.

do you want to just send it along and ill sort it out?
ill find replacements and let you know how much it will be,i cant see it being very much.:)

roy_bates
4th March 2015, 19:19
no worries:)

EDIT: pm replied:)

ericjelder
26th March 2018, 16:32
I'm having a similar issue with my SNES Mouse only responding to the left click intermittently, though all other functions appear to be working as expected.

- - - Updated - - -

I am seeing that the resistance across the leads of the left click switch are not what I'm expecting when the switch is depressed. This leads me to conclude that the switch itself is the cause of the issue, however, I have not been able to locate a replacement switch online. Has anyone found a suitable replacement?

ElectroBlaster
3rd April 2018, 21:39
These tactile switches look exactly like the type used on the Yamaha RM1X and they are used on the keyboard section! I have to replace a whole bunch of em as they went dead. I found mine on Ebay. I am not 100% sure but they do look the same. I will have dig around and find all the info.

EDIT: Close but no cigar! The rubbers on the switches are taller!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-RM1x-Keyboard-Panel-Switch-Lot-of-x-27/322333973863?_trkparms=aid%3D555017%26algo%3DPL.CASSINI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150817211758%26meid%3D2c52ab5fa08d4a1abacda149cb00bb13%26pid%3D100507%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26%26itm%3D322333973863&_trksid=p2045573.c100507.m3226