PDA

View Full Version : I thought these weren't supposed to leak?

edd_jedi
6th March 2015, 14:31
Not mine found the photo on Facebook, but quite worrying and a good reason to have a look inside the case now and again!

roy_bates
6th March 2015, 14:42
looking at the rust on the shield i sortof suspecting that played a part in the battery failure.
as in moisture damage.

could be wrong though.

sir_beaker
6th March 2015, 14:53
On the plus side, that person has a perfect case for an Everdrive :thumbsup: Wasn't a rare cartridge was it?

Ed.D
6th March 2015, 15:04
Must have been an underwater adventure game!

sir_beaker
6th March 2015, 15:09
lmao :thumbsup:

soeter04
6th March 2015, 15:11
Aquatic Games, literally ;)

edd_jedi
6th March 2015, 15:17
It was Zelda for the N64 apparently.

samaron
6th March 2015, 18:32
That does look like it have been exposed to water or some other liquid causing moisture damage. The batteries can leak, but very rare from my experience. Have a cartridge for Super Nintendo that is similar, and that one had soda spilled on it many years ago. That cartridge could also just have been stored in an attic, outdoor shed, garage or similar non-ideal places.

dougal
7th March 2015, 00:14
That damage is NOT from the battery. That cart must have had a nice long bath or went on a Caribbean holiday.

From my experience (don't go by me) those type of battery almost never leak and if they do they won't leak enough to do any real damage.

bagpuss22
7th March 2015, 12:46
That damage is NOT from the battery. That cart must have had a nice long bath or went on a Caribbean holiday.

From my experience (don't go by me) those type of battery almost never leak and if they do they won't leak enough to do any real damage.

I agree looks more like water damage than battery....

roy_bates
7th March 2015, 14:29
it looks like the battery did eject all over the shield,but like i say its more than likely because the battery shorted over a long period of time when it got rusty.

ill add something to the mix and to be aware of, when going to car boots and outdoor fairs,as consoles and cartridges for them are sometimes stored in buckets and plastic containers on sale loose in front of stands ive seen this myself and well,when it rains...the container fills with water.
i think you get the idea,best to open them and have a look if people plan on buying them in this way...and you never know where they turn up next for a quick sale..

i think ive mentioned this sort of thing elsewhere...it was worth mentioning i think as im not the only one who looks for stuff at car boots and such.

protek
8th March 2015, 20:15
It has leaked - from the outside. :lol:

Tajmaster
8th March 2015, 20:47
At least it was only a crappy Zelda game :p:run:

dougal
9th March 2015, 09:02
At least it was only a crappy Zelda game :p:run:

Zelda? Crappy ? Boooo!!

sir_beaker
9th March 2015, 10:13