Not open for further replies.

_Paul_

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Country
Netherlands
Region
Utrecht
Having had a lot of fun fixing her up, it is now time to make way for a new project!

This Master Compact is clean, complete, unmodified and fully working. The two most vulnerable caps in the PSU have been replaced; no risk ending up with a smoking PSU.

Some (really) small scratches and spots, generally in great condition.

With a separate 5V PSU (not supplied) the keyboard can be used without the main case. With the included memory card solution this makes the Master very portable.

Included are:
  • Power cable (European type F plug). The Master Compact takes a standard EURO connector.
  • Copy of the Master Compact Welcome disc
  • Spare empty ADFS formatted 3.5” disc
  • MMC Plug-in interface (see pictures). The MMC interface plugs into the joystick port, no modifications have been made to the case. It takes a MiniSD card and can take 512 single sided floppy disc images. It is pre-loaded with the stairway to hell archives. Please note that not all games on these images work on the Master Compact, some only work on a BBC Model B or a Master 128.
  • DFS installed on EPROM (the Master Compact only supports ADFS as standard, the DFS EPROM makes it more flexible)
  • SuperMMC DFS installed on EPROM, to drive the MMC system
  • MiniSD to SD convertor
  • CD with PDF's of the user guide and the MMC system commands.
  • Dust covers for the keyboard and the case.

The MMC system is based on a design by Martin Mather and was built by me with the help of the Stardot forum members. 5% will be donated to the Centre of Computer History in Cambridge.

I’ll gladly answer questions.

Asking price is 165 GBP, including Paypal fees and shipping to the UK (not Gibraltar / Channel Islands), Germany, France, Italy and Spain. For shipping to other locations: please ask me for a quote.
IMG_2363-1.jpg
IMG_2364-1.jpg
IMG_2365-1.jpg
IMG_2367-1.jpg
IMG_2366-1.jpg
IMG_2370-1.jpg
SD card interface.jpg
IMG_2378-1.jpg
IMG_2372-1.jpg
IMG_2375-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.