Problems with Annotate editor

MartinW

Country
UK
Region
West Somerset
I installed annotate last night seeing as it seems to be quite well recommended. installed on an A1200 with ACA1233 running OS3.9 BB1&2.

It doesn't start when double clicking the icon. Before it get's to the point it can bring up the file requester it causes a software guru meditation thingie. I haven't tried starting it from the command line yet with a file name to edit - I should give that a go.

SO, I know this sounds like a MUI type error but how do I even begin to diagnose this? I've installed expat.library from aminet (but looking at the program on WinUAE it doesn't look like that comes into play until you've selected a file). I also installed MUI from the MUI site. Not entirely sure which version I'd have to check that, pretty sure it was the latest OS3.x version though.

I've already tried with a bare ACATUNE boot (no caches or vbrmap or anything) but that makes no difference. So I'm a bit stuck and not sure where to go next.

All I'm trying to do is find a nice environment to play about with some C code from. I installed the demo of Cubic IDE and while it's very nice I can't honestly see me paying €80 for it. That's simply too much for something I probably won't use all that much. And it's also very heavyweight. Took forever to install! So was looking for other nice quick editors with syntax highlighting and it seems Annotate comes well regarded.

Thanks,
Martin.

Nobody??

Just wondering what the general method of tracking down what may be causing a software guru might be? Any trace tools I can run or anything?

Back
Top Bottom