Not open for further replies.

marklinman

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Australia
Region
Adelaide
Hi, I'm seeking to purchase a working Acorn Electron Plus 3 Expansion Disk Drive. I'm from Cambridge originally but now live in Adelaide, Australia. I'm happy to pay correct postage for the item. I can pay by paypal no problem and have funds ready immediately. I believe this unit also has to come with a working PSU too. Would be interested in the slogger or PRES Advanced Plus 3 if there are no Acorn models around. Please get in touch. Thanks Andy[h=3][/h]

Hi marklinman,

I've also been looking for this myself for ages and still not found one that's reasonable.
I wish you good look in finding an Acorn +3 expansion.

Hi Markliman

As Woody said the Plus 3 is hard to find these days, and I went for the Slogger Board with both DFS and ADFS roms and connected it up to adapted 3.5 inch floppy drive, and it works great.

If you try on the Beeb/Elk website stairway to hell website, I am sure there will be someone who can help you with your search :)

Good Luck :)

No Problem Any Time :) ...... Some Great Games for the Elk, and a great machine to start to learn programming :) As a Plus 1 is quite easy to find for sale. That and the Slogger is the best option in my opinion :) Plus the spare slot in the Plus 1 for a Joystick Interface or Sideways RAM :)

Last edited:
Hi, i had a look at 'stairway to hell' but couldn't register - so i'll try tomorrow!

i'm 46 and had an acorn atom for many years from when i was 11 years old. I soldered, added to it, programmed it for a long time. then one day i hit 16 and went to Spain on a working holiday for 3 months. My dear father boxed it all up and gave to a little boy round the corner as a gift as he thought i no longer was interested. how wrong he was (bless him he's 82 now!). I miss my atom every day. I went on to be a programmer and now run a google partner business in Australia.

i miss 'peeking' and 'poking' so i thought i'd get back into it for fun.

my next door neighbour was Sir Clive Sinclair (i'm from cambridge) and i knew Chris Curry well....

yes really!

all i want is a nostalgic return to my little Acorn...although i've decided to plump for a slightly different model as it will present new challenges. Still yearning for a disk drive though...

any help you can give me will be VERY well received.

thanks again

Andy

- - - Updated - - -

so you're a Commodore junkie? i had a great PET for a time. loved it. remember Evesham Micros. I ran their cambridge office for a time (well i worked there 12 years). apart from many other things we did we shifted like 100 amiga's per day!! those were the days

andy

- - - Updated - - -

i've heard of Slogger and PRES - i'd be happy with any working floppy disk scenario for the electron. paypal waiting!

Hi Andy, Yes I am a 64 Junkie :)

If you are looking to get back into the Acorn Scene in a Big Way, Stairway to Hell Forums are the best place to be, Really helpfully and friendly. If you need any help regarding Acorn Equipement either sourcing or repair, The Corfiot (Amibay Member) is a wizard with not only Acorn Machines, but also with all retro computers :)

Not sure if your aware but there is the Atom 2015 Motherboard Project which is a new remake of the Atom Mainboard, I am sure that someone can explain this in a bit more detail :)

Enjoy your stay at Amibay, it is a great community and help and support is always at hand :)

youll love it here mate,more than a few of us have these systems and there really fun machines:)

im hoping to pop down to bas's house to pick up a cub for my bbc b soon;) looking forward to that.

thanks guys - i've popped in to Stairway site and await my human check!!

the 2015 atom project looks fun...i'll check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom