PDA

View Full Version : Loading Workbench 1.3 from a Tesco own brand Rich Tea biscuit!

Aysel
23rd March 2015, 17:59
So, after a lot of experimentation I have finally managed to get Workbench 1.3 to boot from a Rich Tea biscuit.... I tried using a hob nob as they tend to be stronger but the profile was not quite right to get them in a stock Chinon drive.

I have done a quick video to demonstrate Workbench loading, had to delete a few files as Rich Teas only format to 700k but it boots to the desktop fine :D

Avoid using Chocolate Digestives, chocolate melts once drive spins up and makes a mess of read heads.

https://youtu.be/DOapQ3T_9cI

Ed.D
23rd March 2015, 18:46
Lol, nutcase! :lol: So if I wanted double density media should I use a custard cream?

Aysel
23rd March 2015, 19:27
Yes but you would have to use Nibble copy when transferring data :lol:

woodycool
23rd March 2015, 19:29
I'm told that the Foxes Buscwuits are the best quality media to use for this.
However, whatever you do, don't dunk the buscuit before you use it, otherwise the data will get soggy.

scrappysphinx
23rd March 2015, 19:44
you're all fools, everyone knows that digestives are THE biscuit when it comes to stuff like this :)

supaduper
23rd March 2015, 19:59
My American mate only uses branded cookies in his miggy 1000 and said he aint had a bad un yet

Starglider
24th March 2015, 07:06
However, whatever you do, don't dunk the buscuit before you use it, otherwise the data will get soggy.
Actually you're wrong, all the discuits should be dunked before use to make them floppy.

woodycool
25th March 2015, 07:59
Actually you're wrong, all the discuits should be dunked before use to make them floppy.
But the data will get soggy, surely!

Bryce
25th March 2015, 08:47
That really "takes the biscuit"! I've given it a go with a German Amiga, but I got a language error. As soon as I swapped to "Prinzen Rolle" it worked a treat. German users - Remember to part both sides of the biscuit carefully and remove all traces of chocolate before formatting! Any small child can perform this step of the process with ease, a skill that is unfortunately lost as one gets older.

Bryce.