PDA

View Full Version : A530 repair

jeancj73
3rd April 2015, 22:54
Hi, I have a A530 from GVP in my possession that needs some repair. Is there anybody that have a schematic or service manual?
Best,
Jean

piacc64
4th April 2015, 18:12
verify the eprom _http://babel.de/download/gvpscsi4.hex.bz2

_https://archive.org/download/A530_Turbo_Accelerator_User_Guide_1992_GVP_A500/A530_Turbo_Accelerator_User_Guide_1992_GVP_A500.pdf

jeancj73
5th April 2015, 09:50
Hi, thanks a lot, I do not have the gear to verify the eprom. But there is an issue with the power on the PCB. Power adapter works fine, +5V and +12V is on the entry of the board, but after the relais there is nothing anymore. So I am almost pretty sure the relais or other device related to the relais (snubber circuit) is defective. A schematic would be helpful. I already had the user guide, but there is nothing with regards to the schematics of the PCB.

piacc64
5th April 2015, 16:12
Can you power from a500?

DutchinUSA
5th April 2015, 16:47
On mine I replaced the relay and the 47uf 16v capacitor right behind/next to the relay, still no go :(

If the GVP A530 is powered on (external known working psu) it freezes the 500+ I have been testing with. Not sure if your symptoms are the same?

Previous user didn't have a suitable PSU and had attempted to build one (I bought the 530 as non working but didn't realize he had been working on getting power into it :( so mine might be totally fried, 12v on 5v or on ground, I don't know)

jeancj73
5th April 2015, 18:30
I can power from a500, is the 47uF 16v a special capacitor? On the printed circuit board it states eg. fc6, I think the relay and/ or 1 or 2 fc components (capacitors) might be defective. Which manufacturer is it for this capacitor? I probably need tot replace 2 of them. Does anybody have a service manual?

jeancj73
5th April 2015, 18:31
To dutchinusa, I don't have same symptoms. Do you sell your a530?

Beavis
5th April 2015, 18:44
Not very likely that a cap is broken, my best guess is the relay, or the circuit that activates the relay.
If you can't fix it yourself, you might always send it up north across the border, so I could give it a go.:)

DutchinUSA
5th April 2015, 21:12
Naw, not selling mine, I dislike selling broken stuff plus I'd love for it to work ! My troubleshooting skills are limited so I will probably look for someone to try to repair mine .. Just so I can throw some more money at it .. Lol

Problem is that I have seen some "repairs" that make me shake my head in disbelief and the product is still broken and the owner got charged a lot of money for the so called "repair" on top of it :(

britlord
5th April 2015, 21:46
Naw, not selling mine, I dislike selling broken stuff plus I'd love for it to work ! My troubleshooting skills are limited so I will probably look for someone to try to repair mine .. Just so I can throw some more money at it .. Lol

Problem is that I have seen some "repairs" that make me shake my head in disbelief and the product is still broken and the owner got charged a lot of money for the so called "repair" on top of it :(

Send it to me as I do know about PSU circuit on main PCB'S, and I've worked on AT power supplies a-lot too

jeancj73
6th April 2015, 22:36

Send it to me as I do know about PSU circuit on main PCB'S, and I've worked on AT power supplies a-lot too

Hi,
thanks for offering help. I will try to resolve it first, but schematics of the PCB would have been helpful to speed up repair. I am pretty sure it is the relais that has a problem. The caps will be checked later this week. Quite busy with other things currently like testing some kick roms and other gear :-)
Regards,
Jean

DutchinUSA
7th April 2015, 00:52
This was the relay I used: Omron G6B-2214P-US-DC5 5VDC DPST-NO Non-Latching Relay

And yes, schematics would have been nice, not that I am very good at reading them :)

jeancj73
8th April 2015, 20:02
A530 back in business :-), does anyone sell the 2 utility disks for the a530 with or without manual?

roy_bates
8th April 2015, 20:09
you could probably download them from somewhere.

DutchinUSA
8th April 2015, 20:27
Would you like to share what the fix was? It's good to have it documented for future research :)

jeancj73
15th May 2015, 20:27
I was quite happy about the fact that my A530 runs, but my scsi hardrive had to be changed. I managed to get a 1GB SCI, but I can not get it running. It came out of an old A590 and I formatted it. The A530 runs fine, but when using fastprep or expertprep it doesn't recognize the drive. Is someone familiar with this issue??