sysop

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Indiana
* Full Cartridges Are Sold Out At This Time *

* Full working PCB carts are still available with pink activity LED, system reset button, disable jumper, and without a shell for $10 *

I have a few enhanced Epyx Fast Load cartridges for sale that have been equipped with a reset button, a file access activity LED, and a disable switch. When powering up the c64, it will come up as FREELOAD. In all other respects, it's an Epyx Fast Load cartridge that plays quite nicely with Jiffy DOS and SD2IEC. The LED is deep pink and will flicker when loading. These are high quality carts complete in cases, with stainless fasteners and a blue aluminum label. Unreasonably well priced at $12 each, plus $5.00 USA shipping, $11 Canada, or $15 overseas. These were made for the Chicago area 2013 ECCC and are the last of them.

Enhanced Fast Load cartridge kits using the FreeLoad PCB are no longer available. Kits include high quality hardware and a choice of a pink or rainbow fading file access activity LED. An EPROM and cart case are not included. Kits are $8.00 each.

FreeLoad In Action .. Loading from a 1541 ..

Last edited:
Interested. But are they the dames as the epyx reloaded fast cart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes .. these are Epyx Fast Load carts enhanced with an On/Off switch, a reset button, a rainbow fading or deep pink file access LED, redesigned PCB's in white and HASL, some with white machine IC's sockets, some in cartridge shells with stainless and aluminum fasteners, pin headers, toggle switch and blue aluminum labels. A lot of high calibre hardware for one of the best utility carts made for the c64.

These were made and sold at less than cost as a show exclusive for the 2013 Vintage Computer Festival Midwest / Commodore show and were not intended for general sales. I decided to offer up the remaining carts I had to be put to good use by those that would appreciate them. I am sold out of both my PCB carts and full build carts .. I can offer kits to anyone interested, the hardware in the kits is worth more than what I am asking for them at $6.00 per kit.

Payment sent for one kit :)
-------------
Received and feedback left ´thank you

Last edited:
Well, some time has passed and I did end up making some more. I am using up what is left of my initial PCB run from 2013. I presently have two full carts left, and several PCB carts as well. The two full carts have the rainbow fading activity LED and the PCB carts have the deep pink LED. I am down to the last of my PCB's, so now would be the time to pick one of these up as I won't be fabricating any more. These carts are not your average thrown together items, where the components are very high quality, and with a full cart taking about 4 hours to do a quality build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom