Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Merlin 4MB Zorro II/III Graphics Card
Picasso Graphics

Recently bought this from Amibay (from this thread: https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?71660-A2630-turbo-(boxed)-A2065-Merlin-GFX-card-A2088XT-Turbo)

img1.jpgimg2.jpgimg3.jpg

However, its surplus to requirements as i also bought a Retina Z2 at the same time, so rather than let this just gather dust, I am now letting it go.

More details can be seen here: http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/merlin

It has not had any mods done too it (see above links, as several mods can be done to card) but is fully working

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SALE
ASKING FOR £80GBP (was £85 - was £90) OR NEAREST OFFER - FREE POSTAGE TO UK - OR ADD £5 FOR EUROPE £7.50 FOR REST OF WORLD

SWAP

THERES A FEW AMIGA THINGS I NEED, SO ID PREFER TO SWAP OR PART EXCHANGE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING. WHERE AN ITEM IS WORTH MORE ILL ADD CASH TO THE DEAL.

MEDIATOR FOR A1200 (ANY VERSION)
INDIVISION ECS
INDIVISION AGA ACCELERATOR FOR A1200 (ANY VERSION)
ANY OTHER ACCELERATOR FOR A1200 (WOULD LIKE APOLLO 1260, BUT WILL CONSIDER ANY ACCELERATOR)
A1200 BUS BOARD

Also for sale elsewhere

Last edited:
Am not really bothered in either to be honest, both were impulse buys, so ill keep one and sell/swap the other, just made sense to keep the cheaper one seen as am not using either!!!!

€ is " right alt key & 4" :D

I thought Picasso was better but only have A1200.

from another website.
Picasso96 (P96) and Cybergraphics (CGX) are RTG (RetargeTable Graphics) systems for Workbench. Most software that has been written for Workbench use can then be used with your graphics card. If the card is not P96/CGX compatible then it will only work with software written especially for that board; this will limit its use a lot.

€ is " right alt key & 4" :D

I thought Picasso was better but only have A1200.

from another website.
Picasso96 (P96) and Cybergraphics (CGX) are RTG (RetargeTable Graphics) systems for Workbench. Most software that has been written for Workbench use can then be used with your graphics card. If the card is not P96/CGX compatible then it will only work with software written especially for that board; this will limit its use a lot.

alt and 4 on my MacBook just does a harp symbol, but not improtannt

:) So we all agree this is a good card.

MODS, please can you change thread from "SWAP" to "SALE", could you also change title from "Zorro II" to "Zorro II/III"

----------

Thank you

Last edited:
Interested. Never had one. Let me read about it for a while :). Will come back with decision today if that is ok.

Last edited:
Thanks m8

- - - Updated - - -

I m going to pass need the funds for other things

I have to withdraw i did not notice its had no fixers done and i have a 06 card fitted in my 4000:eek:

Last edited:
Karl Werner Riedel still offers suports for a Merlin. All fixes cost about 30€ as a DIY product. It not a difficult to do.

http://www.ingenieurbuero-riedel.de/

Merlin offers some speed up over more common Picasso II / GVP Spectrum. With Zorro II Quake plays 13fps vs. 11 FPS of GVP Spectrum. (Spectrum and Picasso II are using same chip)

Have PM Mackbw, if I don't get a reply Wrangler you'll be next. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom