Not open for further replies.

chucky

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
Country
Sweden
Region
Värmland
As I am programming a diagnostic ROM for the Amiga I would like to buy defective Amiga customchips. (and boards...)

Only one thing is required: when the ICs is in the machine, the powerled must still go from dim -> bright after that I do not care if they are defective.
this to be able to test lot of different situations.

(when powerled goes to bright, CPU works and is required for the rom to do its magic)

I have a faulty 8364R7 (A500+ DENISE). You are welcome to it if you'd like it. Pretty sure the chip lets the system boot but the picture is corrupted. Send me a PM with your address if you want it

Ash

I've a (mild) battery leak A500 PCB here, fully populated. No idea how far it boots or if it's any use to you? Let me know if you are interested. I assume all ICs work though.

Bryce.

Well. if you do not want to repair it. anything that I can use to try to detect most problems are for sure interesting..
(and boards to fix anyway) PM me and we can most likly work out something :)

I am happy to get/buy more defective stuff.. perfect for testings when rom get to that point (not that far away for my first real-machine trials)

I have a faulty CIA (8520A-1). If I remember correctly, the only symptom was that printing didn't work.

I had issues with serial cable transfer and joystick/mouse in my A500, which were fixed by replacing denise (I have not tested serial). I think I still have the bad chip if you want it.

please send me a PM if you have defective ICs. and how much you want for them with postage to sweden..

No feedback received. Were the chips any good?
I may have some more for you.

oh damn, shame on me forgetting the feedbacks.. :)

anyways. I am ok with 8520 ICs now I guess. now I search for other ICs..

IMPORTANT: powerled MUST go from dim > bright with the defective IC inserted into the machine for me to be interested.
no action on screen is ok. but powerled MUST change brightness at poweron.

and Kyle: no sorry kickstartfiles is not wanted as my diagnostic rom replaces the kickstartrom-files :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom