AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Country
Australia
Region
Queensland
Guys, chasing a basic Tandem IDE card, already have an A2091 with 10GB HD, just want a low end card to enable an IDE CDrom. Since I don't need to autoboot the ole' Tandem cards are just the ticket.

Anyone who has one they wish to sell please PM me.

I might got one, not sure it if works though. It should work. My idea is that i send you the TandemIDE card and that if it works you make a payment. How about that ?

Hi zChris,

sounds more than fair mate. Please state your price and postage cost - will pay postage cost up front of course.

Thanks for the reply.

That's the one! I know they don't support autobooting etc, so not much use for HDs, however I have several of them and they are fine for adding an IDE cdrom.

- - - Updated - - -

Please feel free to PM me price and postage cost.

Thanks.

they don't support autobooting
That's only partially true. You can load device as resident into memory using floppy and then, after reset boot from hard disk. It takes few seconds only.

Lol, true, however if you have to use another media to load a resident driver on cold boot up you can hardly call the device "autobooting" can you? :)

Anywho, card arrived today and works perfectly. Payment in full made to zChris.

zChris, thank you very much for your help, and for being a trusting fellow. I sincerely hope that if you show others the same trusting nature they do the right thing.

I am a very happy chappy. This thread can be closed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom