what I've been doing this evening for a couple of hours

mjnurney

we live as we dream. Alone.
Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
As my PET is working great now , i thought i had better sully it with my poor programming skills :)

This game is based from memory on a Ti99/4a game that i used to play in around 1981 i think , from a cassette pack called term fun pac or fun pac2 i forget which.

They were all amateur basic games released by virgin just before games got professional looking.

mike.

Attachments

• IMG_3557.JPG
    IMG_3557.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3556.JPG
    IMG_3556.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3555.JPG
    IMG_3555.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Awesome. I remember playing a lot of text games on my Spectrum :)

You're in a cold dark room with exits to the north and west what do you do?

Have a w***

Sorry I don't understand...

i'll have to add that and make it say a comment back

have a wink ? , makes you go blind

Last edited:
Classic coding action, nice one, Mike.
Reminds me of turn based games such as early ASCII style graphics Star Trek on the Oric and Candyfloss on the Beeb... spent many a carefree hour bashing away at those in the early 80s. It allowed your IMAGINATION the space to go into hyperdrive!
Keep it retro, you reprobates.
BAZ67

I think that's why always come back to them, in the very early eighties games were not so easy to find on the more exotic systems. Sure the ZX and vic 20 where everywhere. So I played the games to death that I had, especially the text games . They were the open world games of today but better. Your imagination has the best graphics ever.

You've hit the nail on the head there, fella.
PS. If your pic's anything to go by, you don't look old enough to have been a spotty teenager in the 80s - you're wearing well, mate, whereas my retinas have total screen burn in and the suitcases under the shopping bags under my eyes, betray the countless nights trying to get Sinclair ZX81 BASIC type in listings to flaming well work...!!
LOL...Great days/daze etc.
BAZ67

I think the reason why people like coding retro computer is that you can push the machine to the limited where of pc today doesnt have limited....

Oh the late nights on hobbit , zork and rigels revenge do tell...

im surprised I'm not bored of the rings yet.. Boom boom

I'll get my coat.

- - - Updated - - -

The PC is also a dull thing . I don't need 18 gigawatt of ram and 8 trillion bit of bytes to make thorin sing about gold.

There is no 8xAA or vsync in the imagination.

Last edited:
Awesome. I remember playing a lot of text games on my Spectrum :)

You're in a cold dark room with exits to the north and west what do you do?

Have a w***

Sorry I don't understand...

LOL - I never got on with text games. Couldnt be bothered so I used to write stuff like this!:D

Back
Top Bottom