Using M1438s with Cybervision

Neraka

Country
Denmark
Region
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Hi

This might be stupid question :)

I want to use a M1438s monitor with my Cybervision64, the plug on the M1438s cable fits a std. Amiga Video port, the Cybervision64 port is VGA size.

I was considering this adapter:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Amiga-Monitor-1438S-1538S-VGA-Adapter-23pol-St-15pol-HD-St/261935913210

It seems to be the right adapter, as it states M1438 and Amiga directly, however I'm confused by the line "nicht für Amiga Computer geeignet" (not suited for the Amiga Computer).

I have written the seller, but I didn't get any answer.

So my questions are:
- can I use this adapter to connect my M1438s monitor to my Cybervision64 output?
- if not, do any of you know of a suitable adapter and where to get it?

Thanks in advance,
Neraka

I really don't think that will work, the M1438s does not support the right scan rate, you will need a modern PC type monitor I'm afraid for any RTG card on the Miggy.

The M1438 is capable of 800x600 in non-interlaced and 1024x768 in interlaced resolution. it has a vertical scan rate between 15 and 40 kHz, so with The right adapter you can use it with your Cybervision. But a larger screen is really better!

Oh OK I stand corrected, sorry I really didn't think that would be possible

The M1438 is capable of 800x600 in non-interlaced and 1024x768 in interlaced resolution. it has a vertical scan rate between 15 and 40 kHz, so with The right adapter you can use it with your Cybervision. But a larger screen is really better!
Exactly. Do you by any chance know where to get such an adapter?

:)

Try ebay! ;)
:) I did several times :)

... But only found the adapter in the link above. I'm just not sure it will work, as the seller states it not usable with Amiga. I don't know why, and the seller does not answer his mail.

Maybe I should try it out anyway.

Cheers

The seller assumes, that you have a 23-pin plug on the Amiga. But you want to use a RTG Card with a VGA plug, so this should really work!

Back
Top Bottom