Found Amiga A600 Kickstart 2.05 (Rev 37.350)

Status
Not open for further replies.

manic23

Only Amiga Makes it Happen
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Country
United Kingdon
Region
Bromley, Kent
Found elsewhere, please can you close admins? Thanks :)

Anyone got a genuine (non EEPROM) Amiga A600 Kickstart 2.05 (Rev 37.350) for sale?

I thought that Amiga Kit had one, it says in stock but won't let me add to basket so I know from past experience that this means that although the page says in stock, they don't actually have any.

If I absolutely have to get an EEPROM one, I will but I thought I'd have a stab at finding a genuine one first.

Last edited:
I'm 99% certain I have one, will check when I get in this evening and let you know.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Anyone got a genuine (non EEPROM) Amiga A600 Kickstart 2.05 (Rev 37.350) for sale?

I thought that Amiga Kit had one, it says in stock but won't let me add to basket so I know from past experience that this means that although the page says in stock, they don't actually have any.

If I absolutely have to get an EEPROM one, I will but I thought I'd have a stab at finding a genuine one first.

For what it's worth, the rumours about 37.300 not supporting larger hard disks appear to be baseless. If that's your reason for specifically seeking out 37.350, I wouldn't bother.

If that's not your reason, then please excuse the interruption and good luck with your search!

(y)

I'm 99% certain I have one, will check when I get in this evening and let you know.

Thank you TMW2N that's really nice of you :)

Thanks

For what it's worth, the rumours about 37.300 not supporting larger hard disks appear to be baseless. If that's your reason for specifically seeking out 37.350, I wouldn't bother.

If that's not your reason, then please excuse the interruption and good luck with your search!

Also thanks for the info Andy, good to know, but I think if I'm going to change the ROM I'd rather have the latest version, OCD and all that!!

Thank you TMW2N that's really nice of you :)

Thanks

Also thanks for the info Andy, good to know, but I think if I'm going to change the ROM I'd rather have the latest version, OCD and all that!!

I was unable to prep a 2gb CF card properly on 37.300. However, I performed the prep and formatting on WinUAE and then the card word flawlessly on the 600...

Last edited:
I found my spare a600 ROM, its a 37.300 unfortunately. If its any use to you, you're welcome to it.

I found my spare a600 ROM, its a 37.300 unfortunately. If its any use to you, you're welcome to it.

Thank you for checking, i really appreciate that but is really the 37.350 I was after.

I'm sorry but it seems that this last ROM version was sold i have only 2 x C = 37.300

Last edited:
I have one...
Looks like it had a wire(s) ?
Solderer to pins 1 and 31 ?

Last edited:
I believe it came from a Rev 3 or 5, A500+
and a wire to short those pins was required.

You can have it for a Tenner inc... Postage.

Thanks Nobby_UK can someone confirm if this ROM will work in a 600? Is it the same ROM?

ROM chips for A500/A600/A2000/CDTV are all interchangeable. I vaguely recall that early revision A500s needed an extra wire, but you shouldn't need that if you're putting the chip into an A600 (in fact, I'd definitely remove it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom