Not open for further replies.

panfried

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Gloucestershire
I have for sale a dual disk drive for the BBC Micro. It consists of a 3.5" drive and a 5¼" drive housed in what I assume is an Acorn Filestore E01.

G2rGmgK.jpg

N6MM4hk.jpg

IvIj1qS.jpg

LxePNgW.jpg

I have hooked it up to a BBC and on a CAT command the drives light up but that's as far as my testing has gone.

I am looking for £30 + postage
SOLD!

Last edited:
I've got my eye on this, Panfried, but must test mine 1st before I commit myself - hand on heart, I've been sent a very similar unit and need to get the ruddy thing connected up to see what state it's in! Will be in touch tomorrow to confirm whether I will make a bid or not. Cheers and all the best with the drives.

Update, Panfried - I've attached my drives tonight and although there is a light on the 5.25" when it is 1st powered on... my Beeb is not recognising the *CAT command and to further complicate things, I've got the MMC solid state Beeb drive ROM inserted so I'm wondering if that is taking precedence over the DFS chip? I'm not an expert in these areas so I wonder if anyone else can help.. I think my drives are working (there are some signs), but I don't know if they'll read/write, format yet. Sorry to delay but if someone else now expresses an interest, I bow to their being next in line. Cheers.

Last edited:
I declare interest but need to answer few questions before I proceed:

Will that work on a BBC Electron? If yes, do I need extra cables?

How much will cost to ship to Cyprus? (cheapest option, since this is a heavy item)

Thanx!

Have had request for postage costs from both MadMaxGR and fatbob_gb so I will get it boxed and weighed tomorrow for you both.

MadMaxGR : I'm afraid I can't help with Electron compatibility, maybe someone else with a bit more knowledge might chime in?

It is a Master Compact PSU (5 volt output) and 31/2" drive box, someone has taken the sticker off front and used a hack-saw to force the 51/4" drive in on the right (you could buy BITD a extra 31/2" drive kit to put in on right)
This is useless for a Electron unless you have a Plus1 with a disc controller cartridge (PRES /slogger), and use a new ribbon cable from the cartridge to the 31/2" drive, the 51/4" drive will also need 12 volt to make it work.

Just waiting on a response from MaxMaxGR, fatbob_gb is next in line

Just waiting on a response from MaxMaxGR, fatbob_gb is next in line

Ok guys, I did my own investigation, and since there is not a plus 1 in my collection and needs extra cabling, I have to pass. Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom