Sea82

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
Perugia
Hello,

for those wishing to use Commodore Plus/4 64K games or software on their Commodore 16, I offer the C16 64K RAM expansion service. I have done this mod successfully on various Commodore 16s and I am glad to offer this service to others.

I have a little stock of 41464 chips, not desoldered but pulled off from sockets and I think that's a good use for them :)

Please note:
1. The machine you send me should be fully working;
2. I take great care not to break any traces and do a clean job;
3. RAM chips will be installed on sockets;
4. Machine will be throughly tested before sending back;
5. I will send back the original 16K RAM chips as well, intact and working.

Price of this service is 22 euros (chips and sockets included). Shipping costs are at your charge.

The first one to declare interest on this service gets it for free (he or she pays only shipping costs).

You can send me the whole computer or the board only, your choice (sending the board only you save on shipping costs). If you send the computer, please be sure to make a good packing so that keys and case won't get damaged during transport. If you send the board only, it should be wrapped ESD safe.

Greetings to all :)

Marcello

Last edited:
:interested:

Declaring interest subject to shipping costs UK <> Italy (assuming your location is set correctly in your profile)
I'll have a look and see what the cost is.

Apologies for the delay, PM sent, I'm going to have to withdraw for the time being.
I do want to take this up, just don't have the time, packaging and haven't located my C16 yet - I think it's right at the back of the room behind everything else which will take a while to get to and I'm departing for Blackpool tomorrow morning - I'll be away for a fortnight, I'm going to Eurocon in Blackpool and Play Expo in Manchester the following weekend.

Last edited:
I have a question about the mod, if you don't mind. Does it alter the compatibility with existent C16 software (basic or ML progs) in any way? I guess not, but I would like to get a confirmation from you, certainly experienced in this subject. Thanks. I'll find my first C16 soon so I would be interested in this service.

Last edited:
Hello,

the mod doesn't affect compatibility with the usual 16K software.

Price drop (I've sourced cheaper chips for the job). First free job still available if anyone interested.

Declaring my interest for your service.
Still couldn't find a working C16 at a reasonable price (PM on the way).
As soon as I find one, I'll ask for your handiwork. :D

Price drop (I've sourced cheaper chips for the job). First free job still available if anyone interested.

EDIT: working C16 found, with PSU. PM sent - waiting for Sea82 to confirm I can send my C16 to him for the job ( am I still eligible for the first free service? ;-) )

Last edited:
Hello, sorry, due to big problems (I have lost an important person), I am very upset. So service is no longer available, I have other things to think about sadly :(

Sorry to hear that, Sea82 :(

I can do cercamon's upgrade for him, also for free, but he'd have to send me the chips too (or pay for them), as I don't have any spare.

Very sorry to hear about your loss Sea82. I can also offer this service is anyone is interested.

Bryce.

I can too, and the wife can and the cat too :)

Sorry to hear about your loss Sea82, hope to see you again in better times, Take care :)

Cercamon sent me his C16 this week and tonight I had a few minutes free, so without the use of any cats (I find they don't get hot enough to solder with) I converted and tested the board. Here's some pics for your viewing pleasure:

Bryce.

C16_64_1.jpgC16_64_2.jpg

Package with the expanded board just delivered into my hands. Will try it soon.
Thanks to @Bryce for his handiwork and overall kindness.

My thoughts also go to @Sea82. I hope he's doing well, despite his loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom