Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Hey everyone,

I would like to get the front plastic for an A4000D, including the LEDs and Key Lock if possible. However, I don't need any of the drive bay covers. I want to get this to mount my HxC Floppy Drive Emulator in my A4000D and cut a hole in the faceplate for the LCD. I could do this to my current faceplate, but I want to keep one in original condition in case I want to remove the HxC later.

I don't want to spend a lot of money on this, but please let me know if you have one and PM me the information. Getting one from the USA would be ideal to save on shipping costs but all offers are welcome. :)

Heather

My muse, can I hint you a little mod that may suit your needs?

With a Dremmel tool open the grill slot on the lower diskette faceplate, there you'll have enough room to insert/remove the SD card and even route a small flat cable hanging out the Amiga for the LCD and the buttons.

Maybe using a custom 3.5" faceplate can do the trick.

Thanks for the tip, Rogerio. :D I actually have the bottom slot of my A4000D filled, but I would be removing the internal floppy so I may have room. However, I really want to put the nice digital display and buttons to the left of the drive openings in the actual faceplate. I think it would look really nice there.

:inlove:

Thanks!

Heather

Just bumping the thread to see if anyone has a faceplate for the A4000D. This is the entire plastic off the front of the system. I don't need the drive bay faceplates. :)

Thanks!

Heather

In fact, I have one here doing nothing, the same as the original power supply and disk covers. Too bad the postage will be a killer.

@ Rogerio

The front panel on it's own is very light m8y. I expect the box would weigh more tbh.

@ Heather

Keeping them crossed for you. (y)

Charlie

Thanks Charlie!

Just to clarify to Rogerio, I'm just looking for the front panel. I wouldn't mind getting the blank drive plates as well but the front panel is the important part. :)

Thanks!

Heather

I'll put all inside a the smallest possible box and let you know the postage price. Don't expect a good surprise from Brazilian post, anyway. :/

@rogerio

Thank you for checking! :D

@dwight miller

The faceplate is just the front plastic of the Amiga 4000D. I would prefer the faceplate to have the key lock and LEDs in it as well. See the very top of this picture:

amiga4000_1_sm.jpg

Heather

You can have the case front - but I need the led's & wire harness for a 4000 rebuild I'm doing. Also the case I have is much darker than yours pictured.

If someone can give me the part number of the led's involved I'd consider replacing them too.

I can replace the LEDs. :) I'm guessing the faceplate that you have is yellowed? It's no problem if it is. :D

Please let me know what you would like for it with shipping via PM. I can provide you with my mailing address if you need it.

Thank you!

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom