Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Hey everyone,

I would like to get one or two 50-PIN SCSI hard drives if anyone has some spares sitting around. I would prefer somewhat quiet drives with at least 500MB but I don't want to spend much on them. Please let me know if you've got anything. :)

Thanks!

Heather

Thanks Woodycool, I appreciate the sentiment but those drives are just too small. My very first hard drive ever was 80MB. :)

Heather

Absolutely fine, I just thought I'd mention it 'in case' you weren't bothered about size.
These old drives have come out of GVP HD8+ units and off Commodore A2091 cards (I had a few at one point, but only have one A2091 now .... kept the GVP HD8+s though, as I upgraded the drives in them)

Hi Heather. :)

I have a 1GB Quantum SCSI affair here somewhere.

Talk to me via PM if you're interested. ;)

Charlie

@Kin

I'm sending you a PM. :)

@Nathan

Do you know where to find the adapters and do you know if they are very expensive? That may be a good solution if the adapters are not too much.

Thanks!

Heather

@Kin

I'm sending you a PM. :)

@Nathan

Do you know where to find the adapters and do you know if they are very expensive? That may be a good solution if the adapters are not too much.

Thanks!

Heather

t'other bay and they is very cheep!! i paid £1.79 inc shipping for mine:)

Usually the 68 to 50 pin SCSI adapters aren't too bad, I got mine locally for a good price but your price may vary (I won't be more accurate that that as I don't want to be yelled at again.) I don't know how much they are locally. There are many sites on the web selling them new. Check Amazon, they have some for a good price. You're resourceful, I know you can find them for a good price.

I'll get back to you in the next day or two Heather.

Regards,

Charlie

@JuvUK & Nathan

Excellent. I'll look online for some. :)

@Kin

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

Heather

Sincere Apologies Heather & some rather serious face palm here....

The 1GB Quantum SCSI Drive I thought I did have is in my SCSI hard drive box; ....But it's not SCSI, ....It's IDE. :Doh:

Charlie

/....Kin makes mental note that he has no more 50 pin scsi hard drives....

Oh well. :( I did recently find some 40GB 78-Pin SCSI drives in my collection so I guess I'll have to just pick up some adapters. :) I still wouldn't mind a 50-PIN drive at some point so I'll leave this thread open for a while longer.

Thanks for looking, Charlie!

Heather

I might be able to sort you out with a 50pin drive, will have a look at the weekend.

What size are you looking for? I have a large assortment from old Macs, varying in size. Most around 2gig..

Hey everyone!

Yes, I saw the ones Tom was offering but I was hoping to find some larger HDs. :)

@glf

2GB drives would be wonderful. PM me with what you have available. :)

Thanks!

Heather

Hi Heather, I have a 4.2GB Seagate Barracuda hard drive. it is a ST15150N/ND type 50-pin with on disk termination. It is a bit loud and postage may be a killer as it is heavy.

If interested I can test it and format it.

Does

Does

Is there any quiet SCSI drives?
Oh and you don't love that whine they make...lol

Chris :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom