Cego

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
Bretten
Hi there,

i'd like to swap an Apollo 1260@80MHz (mask 71E41J) + 32Megs of Ram for a Blizzard 1260 @66MHz or 75MHz (mask 71E41J) + 32MB Ram which is running 100% stable in a desktop A1200.

Attachments

• 20151005_212044.jpg
    20151005_212044.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20151005_212059.jpg
    20151005_212059.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20151005_212113.jpg
    20151005_212113.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Can you give a bit more info? why would you want such a swap unless your Apollo is unstable in some way?
In which case you should probably mention/elaborate?

Can you give a bit more info? why would you want such a swap unless your Apollo is unstable in some way?
In which case you should probably mention/elaborate?

Hi Yoji,

i am a huge Blizzard fan and i've never used an Apollo before. Besides that i want to use more than 32 megs of ram in a desktop A1200, which is not possible with an Apollo card. Regading stability i will make excessive tests and show you a deatailed report if you're interested in a swap.

Hi, I have a Blizzard 1260 running perfectly stable at 66Mhz even if it is a revision 1 but I use it in a Tower and I don't know if it could fit in a desktop.
I put on the cpu a small cooler and an extra silent noctua fan (40x40x10mm) but probably the trapdoor won't close with it...
Does your card already have the extra slot for the ram? Could you add some pictures of it?

Hi, I have a Blizzard 1260 running perfectly stable at 66Mhz even if it is a revision 1 but I use it in a Tower and I don't know if it could fit in a desktop.
I put on the cpu a small cooler and an extra silent noctua fan (40x40x10mm) but probably the trapdoor won't close with it...
Does your card already have the extra slot for the ram? Could you add some pictures of it?

The problem with the card is, that there is a second ram slot on the bottom side, but the pre-owner removed the holding clamps, so that it fits into the desktop a1200. You would have to remove the old Ram slot and replace it with a new one. After that you can add an extra 32MB of Ram. i'll try to upload pics later.

to clarify things up, i do not own the apollo yet. the original owner and i are in contact. So my intention is to see if there is any interest in a swap between Apollo 1260 and Blizzard 1260.

to clarify things up, i do not own the apollo yet. the original owner and i are in contact. So my intention is to see if there is any interest in a swap between Apollo 1260 and Blizzard 1260.

I could be interested but I would consider swapping my Blizzard 1260/66 (with 64 MB of RAM) in perfect working order, extremely stable and absolutely silent (Noctua fan) only with a card with same characteristics and that doesn't need to be fixed/modified in any way since I am not able to do this kind of soldering on my own.

I attached two pictures of my card, however I don't think that it can be used on a Desktop A1200 with that fan. You can use it on a regular A1200 replacing the 66MHz Oscillator with a regular 50MHz Oscillator.

SAM_2725.jpgSAM_2724.jpg

Ok Pics added in first post!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I could be interested but I would consider swapping my Blizzard 1260/66 (with 64 MB of RAM) in perfect working order, extremely stable and absolutely silent (Noctua fan) only with a card with same characteristics and that doesn't need to be fixed/modified in any way since I am not able to do this kind of soldering on my own.

I attached two pictures of my card, however I don't think that it can be used on a Desktop A1200 with that fan. You can use it on a regular A1200 replacing the 66MHz Oscillator with a regular 50MHz Oscillator.

View attachment 95434View attachment 95435

as you can see in the pics, the second ram slot is not usable anymore. if you're still interested let me know. There are a lot of skilled people who could help you with the second slot. It is a rather easy and cheap operation on the card and nothing risky.
in this condition you'll only have 32Megs of ram which is not exactly the same characteristic of your card and it needs fixing, but on the other side you'll have a 68060 with the latest mask and 80MHz of speed. so you'll partly be downgrading and at the same time upgrading your configuration. i think it is a fair compromise. When i'll swap your card i will start looking for a new 68060 which runs a lot cooler then the old 1. revision.

Last edited:
Hi, I like your card but, as I said, I'd like to replace mine with a card that I don't have to modify/fix in any way.
I know that I could just use yours with 32 MB but eventually I will certainly have to send it to someone in order to replace the second slot.
I am not ready for the swap at this moment and I need some time to think about it so if you find someone else for the swap go ahead... maybe we'll talk about this again in a few days...

Last edited:
ok, thats no problem. my situation is pretty the same. In the long distance i won't be able to keep up my desktop system with the heatsink and cooler. so eventually i will also have to ship it to someone :)
Just tell me what your final decision is when you're ready!

Last edited:
ok, thats no problem. my situation is pretty the same. In the long distance i won't be able to keep up my desktop system with the heatsink and cooler. so eventually i will also have to ship it to someone :)
Just tell me what your final decision is when you're ready!

Sure, I'll let you know something either way. :)

May I ask some questions:

The problem with the card is, that there is a second ram slot on the bottom side
why do you call it a problem?

, but the pre-owner removed the holding clamps, so that it fits into the desktop a1200.
IMO he's done good thing. Now you can use 64mb in A1200 desktop, can't you?

You would have to remove the old Ram slot and replace it with a new one.

why? holding clamps are just holding clamps, nothing more... the slot itself should be still useable. Am I wrong?

why do you call it a problem?

actually it is not a problem. It's just doesnt fit into liviux76 prefered config.

IMO he's done good thing. Now you can use 64mb in A1200 desktop, can't you?

If you can mount a Simm Socket in a way that it fits in a fixed way you could use 64MB. But it won't work with just one ram socket.

why? holding clamps are just holding clamps, nothing more... the slot itself should be still useable. Am I wrong?

The slot does work. You just have to find a way to install the ram simm in a stable way. Maybe liniux76 is fine with that :)

Last edited:
Hello, I really thank you for the offer but at the end I decided that it is better for me if I keep my Blizzard.
This is also a bump for your thread... :)
Good luck with your trade!

ok thank you for your reply! i'll keep looking futher :) one day i'll be a proud user of a Blizzard 1260! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom