Closed Zoom Floppy Cases ... Now for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

COREi64

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Alberta
My latest creation, the Zoom Floppy Case.

I've gone through a few designs, and this is the one that I've settled on (for many reasons I won't go into now). As with the Chameleon 64 Dock case, it's designed to protect the hardware, and (IMO) look cool doing so.

This case comes as a three piece case, and they are described as follows:

1. Base (where the board is installed)
2. Plate (slides in the front of the case once the board is installed
3. Lid (obviously closes up the top)

The base of the case contains four heat sets installed in the bottom of the case. Screws and washers are provided to securely attach the board to the base (inside) of the case.

The top of the body of the case also has four heat sets installed that allows you to screw the top of the case down (again with the provided screws).

The initial rendition contains a port for the IEEE-488, however, I am also offering a version without for those who don't have that on their board.

Right now, I'm printing in Black and Yellow PLA, but if there's enough requests, I will run batches in other colors (just don't want to switch reels for every case I print).

The case will come with everything you need to install your Zoom Floppy and close it up. All heatsets will be bonded into the case, and all screws and washers will be provided. All you'll have to add is your Zoom Floppy board.

The price for this case is $40.00 USD plus shipping. I expect worldwide air shipping to be around $14.95 USD.

Message me or post your thoughts/comments here. Would like to hear what you guys think about it.

Available choices are

1. IEEE-488 opening or none
2. Black or Yellow Case
3. "Z" inset of alternate color or not.

Thomas
COREi64

Here are some renders of the case:

Here are some photos of the finished production case in black w/IEEE without the inset alternate colored Z.

And here is inside the case, with heat sets in place and the board bolted in place.

And here is a finished shot of the yellow and black cases:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom