No Red channel out on A3000d

RuneRider

A1000 Keeper of the Faith
Country
Canada
Region
Alberta
I've been using an old Amiga 1080 monitor for testing my A3000 while restoring it but now have some good flat panels that take up little space on my bench. I therefore began using the 15 pin VGA output instead of the RGB. The color was off and since I had a fairly questionable cable I just attributed it to that. Unfortunately I've now used multiple cables with the same result. When I adjust the colour channels the red adjustment does nothing which leads me to believe it's not being sent to the monitor at all.

Do any of you know what the issue could be or what may be done to troubleshoot this? :shrug:

Is there a battary damage to it? Colours and scandoublerlines are favourite food for it. You need a multimeter and check all tracks and vias around. To save the time check circuit diagram for red colour lines but if damage is there I would take care of everything around.

Last edited:
Is there a battary damage to it? Colours and scandoublerlines are favourite food for it. You need a multimeter and check all tracks and vias around. To save the time check circuit diagram for red colour lines but if damage is there I would take care of everything around.

The battery did puke but the damage was minor as far as I could tell. I cleaned it up and no traces are burned but I'll certainly look more closely. Are their any ICs that stand out as suspects?

I would blame connection first, do not measure continuity from vias, measure point to point from elements.

Back
Top Bottom