Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Plymouth, Minnesota
Now Offering Mod Services

Hello everyone!

My name is Zeke Ortiz (my online alias is The SwampFox or SwampFox56). Four years ago, I took a required class on the fundamentals of soldering on Integrated Circuits. I instantly found that I had a knack for it, and since then, I've learned even more than what I was trained to solder on. I've gotten very good at it and now feel comfortable offering my soldering skills up as a service for those who wish to have their vintage game consoles modded – but don't have the know-how to do it themselves.

On all consoles I mod, I also replace some essential things that will ultimately extend the consoles life (like voltage regulators, certain capacitors, etc.)

Services I'm offering

Atari Consoles…

• Atari 2600 (Works on all 4-Switch, 6-switch, and Jr. Models)
    • Composite Video Mod (Dual Mono Sound Output) - $30 (only $10 if already doing 2600RGB)
    • S-Video Mod - (Dual Mono Sound & Composite Video included) - $45 (Only $10 if already doing 2600RGB)
    • RGB Video Mod (Not compatible with Jr. Models) - (Dual Mono Sound) - $95
    • Power LED Install (Red, Green, Blue… you name it!) - $5

• Atari 5200 (4-Port and 2-Port Systems)
    • S-Video Mod - (Dual Mono Sound & Composite Video included) - $50
    • Power Jack Install (4-Port Models Only) - $20 (only $5 if I'm already doing S-Video Mod)

• Atari 7800
    • Composite Video Mod (Dual Mono Sound Output with POKEY included) - $30
    • S-Video Mod - (Dual Mono Sound & Composite Video included) - $45
    • Power LED Replacement Color (Red, Green, Blue, Etc.) - $5

• Atari Jaguar
    • U38 Chip Replacement (If your Jaguar does no turn on, this is likely the culprit) - Special Inquiry Required. Please Contact Me

Sega Consoles…

• Master System
    • Composite/Audio Jack Install (Hate the proprietary A/V out jack? I'll install regular A/V jacks for you.) - $20 (only $10 if I'm already doing the S-Video Mod)
    • S-Video Mod (Provides a much cleaner picture and is overall… better) - $45
      • (RF Modulator can be removed, and S-Video installed into that existing port if you like)

• Master System II
    • Composite Video Mod (Dual Mono Sound Output) - $35 (only $10 if I'm already doing the S-Video Mod)
    • S-Video Mod (Provides a much cleaner picture and is overall… better) - $45
      • (RF Modulator can be removed, and S-Video installed into that existing port if you like)
    • Power LED Install (Red, Green, Blue, Etc.) - $5

• Genesis/Mega Drive Model 1
    • Composite/Audio Jack Install (Bypass that stupid Multiout Connector) - $20 (only $10 if already doing S-Video)
      • Stereo Mod included
    • S-Video Mod - $45
    • Region Modification - $15 (I will not dremel out the plastic required to put MegaDrive games into the console. Sorry :/ )
      • (Switch between American, and Japanese Region Encoding. This will allow you to play Mega Drive Games on your Genesis and Genesis games on your Mega Drive)
    • 50/60Hz Mod (Switch between PAL and NTSC) - $15 (only $5 if I'm already doing the region mod)
    • Overclock + HALT Mod - $40
      • (Not compatible with VA7-type Model 1 Genesis Consoles)
    • HALT Switch Mod (with no overclock) - $5
      • (Stops the CPU Clock – thus pausing any game anywhere at any time. This mod is also a requirement if you want your system overclocked)

• Genesis/Mega Drive Model 2 - Mods for the Model 2 Genesis are tricky. You need to have the correct board revisions for it to be worth modding. Check this link to see if you have the correct type of console that I can mod.
    • Composite/Stereo Audio Jack Install - $30 (only $15 if already doing S-Video Mod)
    • S-Video Mod - $45

• Sega CD/Mega CD
    • Fuse Replacement (your Sega CD doesn't turn on? This is likely the problem) - $20
    • Laser Replacement – (Price depends on Laser-type. Anywhere from $40 - $60)
      • If your Sega CD doesn't read games, this is almost certainly the culprit
    • Power LED Replacement Color (Red, Green, Blue, Etc.) - $10 (only $5 if I'm already replacing the fuse and or laser)

• Sega Game Gear
    • Cap replacement - $40 - $20 Down Payment Required In Advance. This is why.
      • If your Game Gear has no audio, poor audio, poor video, or no video – you almost certainly need your caps replaced.

Nintendo Consoles
  • NES Frontloader (NES-001)
    • 72-Pin Connector Replacement (Stops the Blinking Blue Screen) - $20
      • Disable the Lockout chip (this I will do no matter what I'm doing to the console)

• True Stereo Audio Mod (Gives you Stereo Audio On your NES) (See Prices Below…)
    • Direct Stereo Audio (Stereo Audio only) - $20
    • Mono - Stereo Switch (Switch between Stereo and Mono audio) - $25
    • Stereo Mixing Knobs (With this mod, I mix Stereo Audio with Mono Audio. You can adjust the ratio of Mono to Stereo with the mixing knobs. This provides the best audio as higher frequencies are played on separate speakers – while lower frequencies are retained on both sides) - $35

• NES TopLoader (NES-101)
    • Composite Video Mod - $30
      • Dual Mono Sound Included

• True Stereo Audio Mod (Gives you Stereo Audio On your NES) (See Prices Below…)
    • Direct Stereo Audio (Stereo Audio only) - $20
    • Mono - Stereo Switch (Switch between Stereo and Mono audio) - $25
    • Stereo Mixing Knob (With this mod, I mix Stereo Audio with Mono Audio. You can adjust the ratio of Mono to Stereo with the mixing knob. This provides the best audio as higher frequencies are played on separate speakers – while lower frequencies are retained on both sides) - $35

• LED Power light - $5

Something special?

Got something you want/need fixed or modded that's not listed here? Feel free to send me an email! Depending on what you're looking for - I'll let you know if I feel comfortable doing it, and we can discuss a price

I'm an honest person. I know that to you, I'm just a person online. But since before I can remember, I've always held doing what's right as a moral guideline. I do not, and will not cut corners when performing modifications on other peoples systems. Doing so (in my opinion) is dishonest and wrong.

I plan to offer many, many more mod services in the future. However, I'm STARTING with these. Once I've attempted more mods on consoles that are mine (and have done them successfully :p), I will offer them as services.

Anyways guys - Thanks for looking at my thread I can be contacted most any time at zeke.ortiz@hotmail.com

Last edited:
So, I started reading and I really liked it when you said "For the past four years I've been teaching myself how to solder. I've gotten very good at it and now feel comfortable offering my soldering skills up as a service" .... so I really got my hopes up and was like yes !!! Someone in the US who will be offering Amiga repair services (y)

Then I read that it was console mod services :p

Thanks for offering up these services anyway, I am sure there will be people in need of your services :)

So, I started reading and I really liked it when you said "For the past four years I've been teaching myself how to solder. I've gotten very good at it and now feel comfortable offering my soldering skills up as a service" .... so I really got my hopes up and was like yes !!! Someone in the US who will be offering Amiga repair services (y)

Then I read that it was console mod services :p

Thanks for offering up these services anyway, I am sure there will be people in need of your services :)

Depending on the problem - I'd be willing to take a look at all the old computers :) I'll edit my original post to say that I'll take requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom