PDA

View Full Version : Found Cpc 464 plus Basic cartridge or Parados

Pluto63
16th October 2015, 14:31
Got a working 464+ and the BASIC cartridge is missing, looking for a replacement one or a Parados one, or even a spare cartridge I can use to burn an EPROM with the interpreter.

Thank you

CraigsBar
16th October 2015, 19:08
Got a working 464+ and the BASIC cartridge is missing, looking for a replacement one or a Parados one, or even a spare cartridge I can use to burn an EPROM with the interpreter.

Thank you
If you contact Gerald via the CPCWiki forum, it looks like he is taking orders for a 3rd run of c4cpc flash carts. The best solution to this problem these days.

Pluto63
16th October 2015, 20:07
Thank you my friend already did that but i wanted also an original one if it could be found.

CraigsBar
16th October 2015, 20:21
Which language? I could probably flash one for you. Donor carts (pro tennis tour) are still available from trade-in-post. If you buy the cart, I can burn the ROM with or without parados and solder it into a shell if you want.

Craig.

Pluto63
16th October 2015, 23:54
Thank you for the offer Craig, as you can see on my first post I'm also looking for a whatever other cartridge to use since I do have the stuff and files to program an eprom, it's the cartridge I can't find anywhere or at least one at a decent price.

update: I've checked tradeinpost site as you suggested http://www.tradeinpost.com/www.tradeinpost.com/gx4000.txt and they do have some at 7,99 but they will not sell/send abroad, any willing fellow can order one for me and post it to Athens Greece. Will cover in advance all costs through PayPal.

CraigsBar
17th October 2015, 03:33
Thank you for the offer Craig, as you can see on my first post I'm also looking for a whatever other cartridge to use since I do have the stuff and files to program an eprom, it's the cartridge I can't find anywhere or at least one at a decent price.

update: I've checked tradeinpost site as you suggested http://www.tradeinpost.com/www.tradeinpost.com/gx4000.txt and they do have some at 7,99 but they will not sell/send abroad, any willing fellow can order one for me and post it to Athens Greece. Will cover in advance all costs through PayPal.
Erm, he posts to me in ireland for a few pounds. I can order one and post it on if you like. I'll work out the costs tomorrow, OK?

Pluto63
17th October 2015, 08:00
Thank you Craig, really appreciate it. Pm me PayPal data when you've done.

CraigsBar
19th October 2015, 08:29
I can do it for 20 EUR plus postage and fees, depending on where you are that'd be 30 EUR tops. If that's OK let me know and I'll build it, you can pay me once it's finished and ready to post.

Sent from my A3-A30 using Tapatalk

Pluto63
19th October 2015, 14:29
That is Ok Craig i confirm it, please update me when ready.

CraigsBar
22nd October 2015, 13:22
OK, I have the cart and will (hopefully) get the chip erased and reprogrammed tonight or tomorrow, I should have it ready for posting early next week. Although I am away from Sunday for a few days so it might be slightly delayed.

Pluto63
23rd October 2015, 21:43
No worry Craig, take your time, today I've finished building the scart cable and need to say it gave me lot of trouble. Had to put together lot of info from cpcwiki forum to get a perfect result. At the end checking visually and with scope best results where using 180ohm resistor on the R.G.B. lines with 220pf decoupling ceramic capacitors on them, also used the luma for sync to pin 20 scart and the composite sync to get the switching on pin 16 direct with no resistor on it, totally inverted to all schematics found. Will do a post on forum in case anyone else may need it. Still have to try that 100 μf electrolytic on pin 20 and check the wave.

CraigsBar
24th October 2015, 15:21
No worry Craig, take your time, today I've finished building the scart cable and need to say it gave me lot of trouble. Had to put together lot of info from cpcwiki forum to get a perfect result. At the end checking visually and with scope best results where using 180ohm resistor on the R.G.B. lines with 220pf decoupling ceramic capacitors on them, also used the luma for sync to pin 20 scart and the composite sync to get the switching on pin 16 direct with no resistor on it, totally inverted to all schematics found. Will do a post on forum in case anyone else may need it. Still have to try that 100 μf electrolytic on pin 20 and check the wave.
OK, the cart is done. Parados 1.1 on a m27c2001. Had to add link 4 as well as the 25 year old EPROM once blanked was not reprogrammable. Good job I have some ;)

Anyway, here's a pic, pm sent to op for address and payment details.http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/24/11ad8030bec98e04643f53749d86925a.jpg

Pluto63
24th October 2015, 19:20
Really love that picture, payment send with address data. Once again thank you Craig.

CraigsBar
25th October 2015, 23:59
No worries, although I am now away for a few days, my wife will post it to you on Tuesday, it's a bank holiday in Ireland tomorrow. Rest assured the Guinness in the photo only got started *after* the soldering and testing was completed ;)

CraigsBar
30th October 2015, 00:33
Cart posted, tracking number provided in pm.

CraigsBar
5th November 2015, 15:33
@Pluto63 did this arrive yet?