PDA

View Full Version : Found A1200 motherboard or complete (PAL preferred)

illy5603
16th November 2015, 20:38
I am looking for an Amiga 1200 motherboard, preferably PAL, that is in good working order. I will happily consider complete systems but I cannot offer a premium for expansion parts as I have all of that already, just mounted on a dead motherboard. I am REALLY interested in finding one that does not have the "Screen flickers in higher resolution graphics modes until it warms up" issue that most 1200 boards seem to have. I am located in the United States.

illy5603
27th November 2015, 19:11
Still looking...

bebek
27th November 2015, 19:16
I am looking for an Amiga 1200 motherboard, preferably PAL, that is in good working order. I will happily consider complete systems but I cannot offer a premium for expansion parts as I have all of that already, just mounted on a dead motherboard. I am REALLY interested in finding one that does not have the "Screen flickers in higher resolution graphics modes until it warms up" issue that most 1200 boards seem to have. I am located in the United States.

I have not seen this problem. DO you have any link with more information?

liviux76
28th November 2015, 12:07

I have not seen this problem. DO you have any link with more information?

Rev 1d4 suffers of that problem, I have two of those motherboards. It seems that you have to remove the ferrite bead (or resistor) at the position E127R in order to solve the issue but I did it on one of mine without success.
The video is perfect except when I try a resolution like 800x600 or higher (I have an Indivision AGA MKII) ... you can read about it on this thread (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=58118)...

illy5603
28th November 2015, 18:50
I think it is the classic timing fix issue.

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=39498

illy5603
30th November 2015, 19:44
Update to thread, FOUND. Purchased motherboard from liviux76.